i just posted a set of chowkly (you like?) bride prep morning on my photoblog.  i have a lot of emotions right now.  these are amongst my favourite and maybe strongest pics of the whole event. i feel good about them.  i got the tenders towards them. i've spent long hours--early, early mornings and late late nights, whole days, whole weekends.  i've tried to spend the time to do them the best way i know how.  my home is a shambles because i do nothing else but work on photos.  i don't want to brag but it's past 3:30 pm and i have only eaten a freezie today.  obviously i need a touch more balance.  i know this but i also feel the urgency to get them done.  

i really wanted to post them like a storyboard.  like i see on real photographer's blogs.  i tried all morning to accomplish this.  i researched and downloaded and bought different things but in the end i gave up.  i just don't have it in me to figure it out and i realize that the storyboard thing is more about me and my pride in how i present them.  so i let it go.

i don't know if anybody cares about this.  i feel like the land of time and toil between the actual shoot and the presenting of the body of work is not very well understood. perhaps the pro photogs know how to do it faster and more efficiently and perhaps that's something i'll learn over time along with a lot of other things i just don't know yet.  

i'm learning a lot about myself and my personal creative process.  like i know it's very easy for me lose all time and space and end up out of balance and washed up on the beach of life like a shipwreck survivor.  and that i need to do things to rejuvenate my creative spirit or i'll burn out big time. and that my creative spirit has it's own pace.  and that i am stubborn about what i want and the way i want it.  actually realized that long ago when making a quilt with gram.  also i shouldn't take myself so seriously.

also bethany is egg.

additionally amy ate a duck.

i have no one to unleash my cabin fever on.  i'm going to go clean my kitchen--i think it will rejuvenate my spirit.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
I'm sorry the storyboard thing didn't work out. Don't give up though--maybe you just need someone else to show you how to use them in person.
I understand at least a little bit the amount of work it takes to edit photos. It's grueling! I can only make myself do like 2 or 3 at a time and I don't even do it professionally!
eryn. said…
i hope you know how much i appreciate all the work you have done on these photos for me. and i love them! it is perfect. THANK YOU!
Laura said…
eryn thanks for having faith in me to let me do it. the whole experience helped me grow in leaps and bounds so thank YOU. :) oh and i'm super glad you love them.
Sarah-Lynn said…
lol to your cabin fever, and I'm excited to go take a lookiloo!
amyleigh said…
YOu managed to unleash a little cabin fever via internet to your favourite victims. I did NOT eat duck. (but Bethany is Egg).

I really really liked this post. So insightful and wise. And written so poetically!