my room's an opium den at the moment.  (actually it's marijuana but opium den sounds better).  i wish that whoever is partaking of the stink weed would partake of it outside rather than fill my bedroom especially and whole living quarters with the reek.  i mean that would be the sporting thing to do.

but the sporting thing is not done.  so i find myself in the living room at present but soon i will need to lay my curly head down and count my proverbial sheep.  my window is flung as wide as it can go despite the icy air.  hopefully that will help to mitigate the dire circumstances.

i've been exceedingly foolish.  the foolishness began at around midnight last night.  i realized before going to bed last night that my movie was going to be due and i hadn't yet watched it.  so i began promptly to watch it and became exceedingly hooked and did not turn it off until 4am.  wretched soul that i am, i endured a day of work with 3.5 hours of sleep and came home and watched the rest and then discovered the sequel and watched that as well.

it's a movie based on 3 novellas by elizabeth gaskell and directed by the same woman who directed wives and daughters.  it's called cranford and it has an exceedinly many people, friends we know from other bbc productions, period pieces and the like.  mr. bingley from the new pride and predjudice is there, so is lydia.  professor umbridge, dame judi dench, the boy from millions, charlotte lucas, hyacinth from wives and daughters as well as the browning sisters from the same, and of course michael gambon himself.  even whilloby of sense and sensibility fame plays a part!  it's a great story--many stories intertwined with funny characters, stories of love and loss and change and staying the same and i got it from the library, which said library was true.

tomorrow i'm taking a short trip to eagle land!

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
what's eagle land? And what's the novellas by elizabeth gaskell called? i want to watch it too!
Anonymous said…
I've seen it! I went through a huuuuge BBC period movie series kick last winter. I loved Cranford, and I wanted to ask you if you'd seen it at the time, but I forgot. You should watch "little dorrit"! (the main character's name is Amy - it's a Charles Dickens I think)
Laura said…
did you watch the sequel too amyÉ of course ièll look for little dorrit.
Anonymous said…
Um - I'm not sure. There was a part one and a part two...so I think so...? Maybe you could enlighten me. Let me know when you watch Little Dorrit!