all in white

i'm in TO. dave picked me up at 6am and drove me to the airport. i just had a carry-on so i went straight to security yadda, yadda and to my gate. i thought i would pass some food on the way but i didn't. and it was really crowded at the gate so i didn't want to leave and come back. so...i didn't have breakfast. and there was no food on the flight. oh the flight. i paid 36 bucks to get a preferred seat. on an aisle with extra leg room. like we had on our flight out of okinawa. but they changed it some hour or so later and when i got to the gate they gave me a new boarding pass--middle sest. ugh. do you know that feeling of being the first in the row and waiting to see who your seat mates will be, praying they will be nice, and small. hoping not to see their face fall when they see you?  no? well it turns out first a girl came to the window seat but then she realized she was in the seat in front and while she was waiting to get out, the flight attendant was blocking our row, the 2 other ladies came who were to sit on either side of me. as i was letting out the young lady, the other ladies who were together asked me if i wanted the window seat and i gratefully took it.

we left an hour late because of de-icing and such. i was so sleepy, i head-roll-snoozed until take off. then through most of the flight i listened to atomic habits on audio book. i edited photos too until the battery was about to go on my laptop and the sleepiness was back and i returned to head-lolling. oh the head-lolling was full on. my mouth might of been agape at some point as well. you'll never see these people again, i comforted myself.  the two ladies beside me, i thought of as the indian aunties. the one beside me had a ziplock baggie of snacks and i saw her eating rice crackers.

we made good time and were only 30 min late on arrival. it was 4:15ish in TO as we landed and everything was bathed in a golden light. u knew i had to wait a long time before getting out, so i didn't pay attention when the aunties left our row, but when they were gone i noticed a baggie of snacks wedged between the seats and i took it as my own. i was weak with the hungers! i munched rice crackers and mixed nuts as i walked out of the airport and waited for a taxi.

my taxi was deluxe. cream leather seats, you know? the ride into town took forever. traffic, road work, busy downtown streets etc. it cost 65 bucks. i was checking in when all of a sudden graham was beside me, "hi laura." oh hi. he went with me up to my room, which is super nice. it has a kitchen, with an island block even with stools on it, a separate living  room and bedroom too. the bed is king size. everything is white.

i wasted no time. "let's go eat!" i said to graham. we met jimmy in the lobby. they said there is a lot of good food around so we just walked out. jimmy led the way. he was taking us to this ramen place but it was busy and it was over a 30 min wait so we walked to an okonomiyaki place. jimmy was all about the japanese food i guess. it was good but not extremely filling.

back in the hotel i stripped out of my clothes and donned the complimentary white slippers. i tried watching some tv but i couldn't bear it. tv is not to be born by me these days. i'm on the 12th floor. i keep seeing myself in all the mirrors. i look pretty cute, i think. and i match.  in my new white garments. i'm all in white, just like this hotel room.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Unabashed snack seizer!!
Michealah said…
Glad everything ended up working out! Your room sounds fancy!