thanks rolly poly!

i waited an hour and a half on bed 3 until it was my turn to see dr andi.  that's normal at footbridge.  she was cheerful and optimistic and confident as always.  she said my xrays looked beautiful and was quite happy with my progress. today she was accompanied by the swiss antoine.  it was my first time meeting him.  she asked about what pain i still have and explained why it feels like there is no padding in my heel. something about when you move it...there's no fat... and an orthotic would help or even a gel pad.  and that my ankle has some scar tissue.  she also said she had quite a time creating a balance with my toes.  she said she went up and down and up and down.  i'm not sure what that means exactly except i'm grateful that she puts so much effort and excellence into her work.  i asked her about my sleeping splint and she said i only have to wear it once or twice a night.  haha.  but she meant week.  and she said she would see me in 6 months but if i needed to come in i could.  there's an open door policy.

i left feeling relieved.  i could cry with relief.  i don't know why. i said a prayer of thanks on my drive home and let two fat tears roll down my cheeks.

jordan was at mom and dad's sitting on the couch that he brought with him.  mom has been jonesing for a couch since she moved in.  specifically a hide-a-bed couch.  one day we found a free one in north cowichan.  it's plaid.  we set it up so jordan went to look at it and then shoved it into his van and brought it over.

mom made pork roast for dinner.  she said she killed the fatted pig for the prodigal son.  there was sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy and mini buns in a croissant shape.

we played greed.  i won one and dad won one.  we incorporated the yellow die with rounded corners that was from my dice that i used when i was sick.  i call it 'rolly poly'.  every time rolly poly came through for us we said "thanks rolly poly!"  i started giving jane -10 points every time she snorted.  we also gave her her christmas name--mistle toe.  she wants a christmas shirt like mine.

after the game we had our christmas advent devo.  dad has been dying to hear jordan sing joseph (he was not my father) and so he sang that.  mom and dad sat holding hands drinking it in.  dad barely holding back the emotion. it was a moment.  


i asked to see my xrays

Comments

Jeannie said…
Yay about your foot!! Thanks for the nice record of Jordans visit.