arrrgh and ahoy

thursday night i did the pumpkin carving social.  i do it most years.  because carving pumpkins is my jam.  everybody ate, carved their pumpkins, got their pictures taken and left by 7pm.  i went home still not knowing what i would be for halloween the next day.  part of me just wanted to skip it but i'm the one that said to everyone that we should dress up.  so. i had to.  before i went upstairs i went to see mom and dad and i asked them for their ideas.  dad's idea was that i'd be 'a little girl'...but i didn't have any little girl clothes.  mom's idea was pirate.  she backed it up with props.  she gave me a head scarf, cardboard to cut a patch out of, a nylon to fasten the patch with and some jewelry.  i went upstairs with my bounty but i realized that i didn't have pirate clothes either.  and that's when i cme up with the idea of pajama pirate.  it's just a pirate who wears pjs.  comfy.   next morning i put it all together.  i was quite pleased with my nose ring creations.  and i got andi, at work, to draw some tattoos on me.  and that's what happened.  then i worked until late on the news and views...as pirates do.



 

Comments

Jeannie said…
You never showed me the mom tattoo! Next year can you be a pirate again? I will personally look into how you can get your curly hair glued on for a moustache and goatee. And I will make sure I have it on hand.