walkies

 i had today off and i squandered the morning away lounging in bed watching tik toks.  but the little bird in my chest fluttered and beat her wings against the cage of my chest.  "go outside!  go outside!"  little bird must have her way.  so i got up.  and i had a shower.  and i grabbed my camera and went for a walk.

the world was damp but the rains were in recess.  i decided to walk along the road towards the dark maroon maples.  i love these maples because although so dark as to be almost black in spring and summer, in fall they brighten into orange and rust.  it's so pretty.  i love it.  

i was very wise to bring my camera.  poor cobwebby thing--so neglected these last years.  and walking out with the eye of a photographer gave me lots to focus on besides foot. something to get lost in and to push me to stay out and do more.  i quite applaud myself for this scheme.  it must have been little bird's doing.

there was the park fence for me to sit and rest on occasionally.  i found this marvelous fairy world alive in one of the fence posts.  what are those things?  i love them.
naturally i needed to take a few leaf on road portraits.  must be done.

here's me wet hair n all.

when i had enough of the dark maples i came back by way to the park path and sat for a rest in the dugout.  the sun broke through and shone some watery light on my face. i had been chanting a song about all the things i concentrate on when trying to walk, hips, butt, heel to toe, hips butt, heel to toe.. and i started to swing my arms while walking and suddenly it felt like i was walking for real.  i did slip in and out of concentration but it was there, fleetingly.
foot enjoying the fall colours.

mom was out at the thrift stores looking for sweaters for our rs pumpkin palooza activity next week. i saw her on her way back home.  when i got there she was with dad.  foot was sore with the walk excursion and i went over to dad's chair to put foot up.  it wasn't until my feet came into view that i realized my shoes were covered in clods of wet grass.  oops.  

mom was a buzz.  she found her long sought after blonde bookshelf.  she came home to measure the space only and was heading back to buy it.  i went with her and although i sat in the car and let a lady carry the shelf out for her and put it in the car, i carried it in.  it was quite light.

brother liam came over earlier and put up a lot of mom's pictures and art and to celebrate she invited me for a salmon dinner.  we had salmon, squash, asparagus, and a lil baked spud with imperial cheese. frozen yogurt and a peanut butter cookie for dessert.  

i had a stake training at 7 so i was back upstairs when mom called me that dad and slipped to the ground.  i couldn't get him up.  so i called norm and billy who came right over, billy in his tae kwan do outfit, and they got him right up.

and i have a cold sore. so there.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Stunning photos as usual. You do have an artist's gift. I have this theory that the thing that makes an artist is the way that they see things.... more than the skill of their hands or their camera know how although those are important too. The most important thing is the way they perceive the beauty which enables them to capture it in artistic ways. I think I began formulating this theory when Bethany was six years old and we were walking either to or from school and I was struck by the way she described this flowered bush that we passed.
BTW I think you are documenting mine and Dad's life right now in ways that will turn out to be very useful when we are trying to remember dates etc. Thanks for being so good at it and making it so entertaining. I wondered what it would be like reading your blog when I was sharing many of your experiences. I thought it might take the umph out of it but it is still as entertaining as ever to see things through your eyes and to enjoy the way you express things.😍💜