a weekend of note--day 3 back to church and onwards

 i went to church.  it was my first time to church since march 2020.  norm and jane and billy picked me up.  we went a bit early because billy had to prepare the sacrament.  billy was driving.  as i was going down the stairs if something hurt i said to myself "God is healing that."  it's my new mantra.  my other one is "i walk.  walking is normal."  i only brought my one crutch and i used it more as a cane, not even under my arm. walked down the stairs, into the car, up the path to the door that goes right into the chapel, to a middle pew and then to the far pew so i could sit with my leg up and then back again at the end of all the meetings.  it was the most walking i had done and it all went fine.  i wore my tassels skirt and wished i had worn something longer  because i had to keep my purse in a strategic location.

josaidy, a lovely lady newer to our ward, who is from venezuala and who is the service lady in rs.  you know the coordinator? anyways she washed my hair twice after my operations and helped lelani clean my place and brought me food etc.  she texted me sunday morning before i left for church.  i hadn't heard from her in a while and i joked that she found her phone--she is always losing it.  then i said \'i'm going to church today!" she answered back "do you have a ride?" "yes!' i answered and then put my phone on silent and walked down the stairs, got picked up and went to church. meanwhile she thought she asked "do you need a ride?" like i was so sure that i was going to church but had no ride, lol.  i happened to look at my phone while listening to the prelude music, played by ev, and saw my phone was ringing.  it was josaidy.  i declined the call and saw that she had texted me she would be there in 3 minutes and could i wait at the bottom of the stairs etc.  i was like "i'm at church! i had a ride!"  she kept calling me and i kept texting her.  she actually drove to my house.  it's a good thing i live close to the church. afterwards in rs she sat in my row and we worked out the misunderstanding.  after class i told leilani about it and we had a good laugh.  leilani looked really cute. she had a dress with animal print and all these flounces and cute little brown booties.  she got them both for ten bucks.  le chateau when it was closing and old navy.  voila.

anyways it was really nice to see everyone at church and to sit in the chapel and take the sacrament and sing the hymns.  there was a senior elder sitting behind me with a nice voice.  and after sacrament meeting sister harding who was sitting across from me said she enjoyed hearing me sing.  so that was nice. we were an enjoyment triangle.

i told leilani and jane to get a photo together because they were wearing similar dresses and somehow i got caught in the middle of the photo. shrug.

monday was my physio appointment with jasubster.  this week i'm working on weaning myself off the boot and into a shoe.  i walked with a shoe!  of course walking with a shoe is another painful layer.  nothing comes easy ok.  after the session we dropped off scoot.  good bye to faithful scoot.  when we got home foot was so painful and tired i just lay with it up for hours and didn't even bother to get up to have lunch.  things like this astound heather.

yesterday it was 20 min with a shoe.  today it was 30 min with a shoe two times.  tomorrow it is 40 min with a shoe 3 times.  they don't kid around with their progressions.  i'll just do my best. i'll keep telling myself walking is normal and it's something i do.  all the time.  i'm a walker.


Comments

Jeannie said…
Thank you scoot for all your help. I I am amazed at your courage. And your hard work. Wow. How can this not affect your character. Too bad it is so painful to grow a character. We are cheering you on. Especially since you are our strong upstairs person. Hope I can be as Brave as you in the trials that await me.