turkey wattle

i'm getting better at crutching to and from the bathroom.  i sing songs little made up songs to myself as i go, as if to say to myself, "see? no big deal.  just a fun lil trip!"  the lyrics of the bathroom trip crutching songs are along the lines of "i'm goin ta the bathroom an i'm gonna have a little poop..." and "going to get on the scooter and every thing is ok.."  it helps.  tomorrow i may attempt a round trip on the crutches.

we just had our weekly ward mission council.  i'm on the council because i'm the rs councilor with a focus on missionary stuff.  i missed the last two meetings.  i think i've only ever been to 3 but i'm trying to be more consistent.  anyways i had been doing my evening foot exercises before the meeting and so my foot was out of the boot for the duration of the 30 min meeting.  all this is to say that i noticed that my calf is even more loosy goosy now.  it's a veritable loose bag of flesh.  i lifted up my leg and i could sway the loosy goosy calf all around just by moving my leg.  it is a turkery wattle calf.  that's what it is.

last night i had all the intentions of going to bed at 10pm and indeed i put on my cpap and settled down to a night of snoozin.  i was even tired!  but whether it was because i 'weaned' myself off of my nightly gabapentin dose (it makes me drowsy...or it did when i first started taking it) or whether it was something else, 12am rolled around and i was wide awake.  so  i threw in the towel and watched the exciting, emotional and dramatic women's cycling road race where anna kiesenhofer of austria was a beast but no one realized she was a beast and had been a beast the whole race until she was just about to win it.  everyone underestimated her.  this is just the kind of olympic story i love to watch.  i got all choked up when the announcer called her the 'lonely figure'.  she was!  i loved everything about this race.  how she rode through the obvious pain with determination and skill, how she collapsed on the asphalt afterwards laughing and crying, breathing hard and wild and making unintelligable sounds of joy, relief and victory. no one is the 'peloton' or the pack, knew she was up there in the front and the dutch cyclist who came in 3 or so minutes after thought she won gold. ah it was good.  it kept me up until 2 and i woke up at 6am to take my dosage of 3 tylanol, eat some prunes, pray and study some scriptures.

speaking of which, i'm tired.  maybe i'll try to sleep by 9:30!

ps. i had a little visit with edith today.  her and the kids were on a little vacay in vancouver and spent most of their time on the beach.  she dropped by to say hi and have some sushi with me before continuing on to her flight back home.  it was nice to catch up a little. her kids are so big now.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Oh yes, Edith. I had almost forgotten her. Where does she live now? Love your going to the bathroom songs🤣💜
Laura said…
she lives in edmonton now!