heat wave

heather came and rescued me from my sun drenched south facing flat on friday night. i managed to pack myself a back pack of slobby clothes. that's what i wear these days. that's all i wear. if it's not slobby it's not on this bawd.

anyways i was watching cranston on my phone to pass the time and forget the heat. i subscribed to some amazon channels that are half price for 3 months.  so i have to get my fill of little dorrit, north and south, all the jane austens and jane eyres that i can find.

heather hallooed me and set about right away emptying the litter box and getting izzy an extra water dish for the weekend. then she had to make a couple trips up and down with my backpacks, my pillows and mobility paraphanilia.

when i reached the deck it was like i had never felt wind before.  it was so delicious on my skin. i made my way down on my bum like the princess that i am. once all in the car i realized that i forgot something but didn't know what it was, necessitating heather to run down a list of possibilities until we hit on compression sock. she went back for it.

left unnoticed and abandoned was my oft neglected bra.

the drive to north van was scenic because that's the comfort route for h. i liked it but would have enjoyed it more if my foot wasn't so uncomfortable. just the position.

heather for the most part kept her ontario road rage in  check. there was one funny moment involving arrogent cyclists in distractingly cute shorts and a red light. that's all I'm saying. 

the trickiest part of getting into h's suite is a large step down but we managed that. the mighty yoga block was ever ready to help but in this instance only needed for some reassurance. i held onto the house while heather placed scoot down in the depression, i took a few shaky crutch hops forward and got on scoot with a deep kneel.

h's bed is the softest and squishiest i have ever known. 

she made up for denying me of my shaved ice hopes and dreams by giving me a bowl of chopped watermelon. that's all it took.

i have vertigo right now. head positional vertigo. it's back. it doesn't bother me too much but does make rolling over quite shocking sometimes and gives me a weird head feeling.

she slept on her air matress in the kitchen. i watched the end of cranston before going to sleep.

i woke up 5am. cursed.

most of the day we managed to stay  quite cool. heather has a plethora of delicious fruit like perfectly round and crisp green grapes, cherries, watermelon and more.  for lunch we had wasa bread with cottage cheese and salsa-a syster bundy special. 

heather made banoffee frozen cheesecake. she's been planning it since before my birthday. she took it out of the freezer but we chatted too long and when she went to it it was a mess. i heard her mutter "i hate you jamie oliver" under her breath. (his recipe) but it was so delicious and refreshing. i think i had it 3x today!

we watched shows. i had a nap. we watched more shows, ate fruit and cheese curds and veggie plates and rocket popsicles and we watched stuff.

in north van i think the temp was 38 at  the highest.  now it is 28. and I'm going to sleep. tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter!



Comments

Jeannie said…
Yes you a princess and I bet when you recover from your second surgery you will be so mobile and pain free you will think you have died and gone to heaven.