24 is too hot i don't care what you say

i stayed up past midnight on a rare but typical 4 hour phone convo with best bud.  it was our beat the heat strategy.  we always have a lot to say but we didn't come close to our record which was probably during the time i lived at home in nanaimo after i got home from japan.  i had my own phone line so that i could use my dial up internet (icq).  in those days we pulled some all-nighters just talking.  talking like we do.

when i did sleep, i slept quite soundly.

i woke up sprawled out like a jelly fish, belly out, to the sound of jane closing my bedroom door.  woops.  she usually comes at 6:30.  sorry you had to see that jane.  so she fed izzy and went home, texting me that if i needed help with breakfast later that i could text her.  but i felt bad about that so i said i would just get my own.  something easy.  so i did.

i grabbed the last muffin and a bag of frozen mango chunks.  voila.  i discovered that i can pick things up off the floor from my good side because i dropped the picker-upper yet again.  when i went outside i saw that petunia was dry and wilting.  so i found a way to water her.  i have to use smaller vessels and make more trips through out the day, but i watered most of my plants.  this all sounds normal but it's big for me.  and it made me sweaty.  it wasn't easy.  i started to think i probably don't need babysitters quite so often anymore.  at lunch time jane and i talked about it.  she's just going to come 1x a day now.  we'll see how that goes.

it's too hot.  why does 24 degrees feel so gross.  imagine floating in the cool embrace of the ocean right now...













Comments

Jeannie said…
Sounds like you're gaining back some independence🤗👍It is definitely too hot....makes me realize how blessed we are to live in cool basement suite with no need for expensive air conditioning....just a few fans for a few hours.😅