wasps are drinking from my bird feeders

 i worked some long hours thurs and fri, only to come home and fall into bed.  it's publication time and my four days off are barking at me.

izzy has not appreciated the neglect.  today, after feeding her, petting her, doing my personal study, petting her some more, i went outside to do some letter writing.  the queen did not approve.  she cried at the door.  i let her out.  she cried outside.  i let her back in.  she cried at the door.  i shut the door to drown her out.  she would not be ignored.  finally i came in.  "what!  WHAT.  what is it??  WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"  i looked around.  she had water. she had food.  she needed love.  so i walked into the bedroom and she followed, yowling at me the whole way.  i sat down on the edge and she climbed up onto the bed.  as soon as i began to pet her the complaints died in her throat.  i pet her profusely for a couple of minutes.  apparently that's what she needed.  she settled down and i went back outside to enjoy my porch and write a letter.

i had a lovely restful day. did some dishes, edited some photos. listened to women's conference.  did all my stretches.  wore the gel separators between my toes.  my start the fast meal was the beef soup heather gave me on top of some fried udon.  it was quite tasty. watered my plants.  clipped back the fuscia. there's something growing in there but i don't know if it's fuscia or a weed.  checked on the potatoes i left to sprout.  they really did! so i cut them up and now they are drying out a bit before i plant them.  it's hard to believe but that huge bag of potting soil i got is almost gone.

had a shower.  now i'm going to sleep.  you might be bored to know that i can no reach the middle clip on my splint.  just.  i feel it's a personal victory each time i successfully snap it in.  

i've been thinking about how i would act if i had more faith.  and today i thought i would believe the blessing i got that said i will recover quickly.  so i'm going to believe it!

zzz night.






Comments

Jeannie said…
Now that's the kind of day that I'm used to having almost everyday. Was disappointed though not find out more about the wasps.