gorillas in the mist

 it's 1am and I'm in bed writing this from my phone.  but i had to write a note about my day before i sleep.

i guess it was technically a rainy day but the rain was mostly an extra fine mist almost too light to fall. it kind of just floated in the air.  i spent most if the day cleaning up my porch and then planting my new flowers. the misty rain seemed to soften everything greens melting on greens.

in the park 2 boys around 9 talked about social media and relationships. "I'm going to ask my dad if i can get verified." said one. later they discussed a relationship with a girl.  1st she liked him and then he liked her and then they decided to be best friends instead. i smiled to myself as i swept up debri from the last year. as they were leaving on their bikes one said to the other, "i wonder if my parents will ever know that I'm bi." things sure are different for 9 year olds these days.

i lugged things to my car. i thought about lugging a 60.5 l/133 lb bag of soil up to the porch then i accidentally ripped it open spilling dirt on my back seat. my decision was made. i heaved it up, made it to the stairs,  waited for my heart to stop jackhammering, and then heave-hoed it up the stairs a few stairs at a time. so know if you are around 135 lb i can lug you too but it won't be pretty.

you know what is pretty? my porch garden.  my flower oasis. the final thing i need is a fushia. 

ok. night.







Comments

Jeannie said…
Sure is pretty.🤗😍