we would never be the same

 i stayed up too late last night.  it's mr. sunshine.  i can't just watch one episode!   let's just say when i went to bed it was today.  do i regret it? yes.  do i have a choice? no.  no i do not. 

today was my appointment to get my feet scanned for orthotics.  dr. wang did some sort of funky 3d scanning of my feet while i was face down on the examination chair.  after it was done they showed it to me.  it was my foot alright.  it didn't take long and dr. wang took notes on what dr. cardoso said about my orthotics so that's nice.  they will be ready in about a month. 

on the way home i thought what can i do while i'm already out of the house and i decided today was the day to take back my orange sandals to ecco.  i had them in the car already.  i was putting it off mainly because of the walk to the store.

the weird thing is that the most painful thing about walking right now is the pain behind my left knee.  i'm so irritated by it that i don't even want to acknowledge it.  with my new naot sandals my bum foot was not too bad for that walk.  but each step was slow and painful because of the knee and i was trying not to limp.  what is up with that?  i do not have the energy for another injury so i'm hoping that it will buck up.  buck up please buttercup.  

also just that little mall walk was enough to make me flush of face and sweaty.  it's hard to be patient.

in cheerful news i came home to a birthday package from anabella. she sent me a birthday card and a bag of korean bbq pork jerky.  isn't that the cutest?

the thing about hummingbirds is that my brain first identifies them as an alarmingly large buzzing bug. and i get a little jolt of fear quite often when they dart in and buzz out.  but i swallow it because i don't want them to feel alarmed around me.

saturday and sunday i did a deep dive of photo editing.  i have so many of my own photos not done.  this time i visited 2017.  that's the year that katie and i and the two gingers had adventures on the island.  brent had to be in parksville for work and we got to stay with him at his accomodations which were at a 'resort' but it was kind of like a little bungalow with bedrooms and a kitchen and there was a pool and a trail down some stairs to the beach.  elizabeth and i shared a room, i think.

we tried to have an adventure every day.  this is the day we went to coombs.


katie is wearing my purse.  note how new and fresh it looks.  this is when malachi found a lot of joy running up to me and making the fringe fly with frenzied glee.




on the same day we went to butterfly world.
look at these beauts! i sure do miss my macro lens.





on the next 2 you can see his probiscus curled in and then out.

a delicatos.
this butterfly landed on katie and it freaked her out.  it was kind of funny but at the same time i get it.
these next ones are my favourites.  caterpillars!  can you believe how awesome and crazy they look?  i cannot believe how beautifully strange they are.  i tried to identify this caterpillar but then i wanted to die so i stopped.



i would definitely be him for halloween.
that night katie and i went for a walk along the englishman river but first there needed to be some jumping pics.  this is in the drive way to our resort.

katie is so cute.  this is the trip that she had a different green shirt for every day.  she is true to her colour.




sometimes, just as good as the jumping pics are the after landing laughing pics.  i think so anyways.



there was a suspension bridge...


we got weird...

this one makes me laugh hard.


oh let's stop this silliness to take a reflection pic of the bridge in this puddle.

katie was very nervous about me being that close to the edge.  strangely i was the least nervous of the two of us.  i wanted a pic of my feet hanging over but settled for a foot stretched towards it.
it should be noted that we saw what we believe was a river otter run across the rock and out of sight here.

then i beached myself and we laughed.

we ended off the night with some yoga poses by katie.


it was getting dark and more than likely i was tired so we got brent to pic us up and while we waited we did hilarious things with slo mo and fast forward on our phones.  ie stupid videos that made us laugh hard.

the next day we spent in the qualicum area.  it was kind of stormy and cold.  we started at miracle beach.  we found a lot of sand dollars and malachi got a lot of enjoyment from stomping on things.  we walked up and down the beach but didn't stay long because we were cold.

next we went to the wacky woods.  the wacky woods is a place where you walk the trails and discover the different art installments along the way.  there are wood sculptures, 'books' with quotes in them, and much more.  the ground was suuuper muddy with vast swaths of trail that needed some kind of backwards portage to get through.  it was in the wacky woods that i lost my lens cap which wasn't that big of a deal to me but really left an impression on the gingers.  there was a weird noise in the woods and i attributed it to a mystical creature, but i forget what i called it and i forget what it said.  i just remember that i made something up.

a statement on the worship of money... the wacky woods is decidedly anti-capitalist in flavour.
a suited man stump wearing a noose around his neck.  what are you trying to say wacky woods?
see me in the mirror and try to read the quote.



















and that was the april 24 and 25 2017.  i think after this is when we went to quality foods in qualicum and discovered 'vanila slice' on a whim.  we would never be the same.


Comments

katie said…
How can you remember so much about that trip? It was such a fun time. Both Malachi was just talking about it today. And he remembers playing with your purse. And just for the record, it was not this trip where I had all green shirts; that was Disneyland. (Even then, I think I had one blue one). Also, I think the wacky woods has been closed. I’m sorry your foot is still being a bum foot. Thanks for the walk down memory lane to a time when I was a little more svelte and still had colour in my hair. (Wow, I’ve really aged in 4 years! 😉)
Jeannie said…
Not as much as I have aged in the last 4 years... too bad we can't enjoy right now how much better we are looking than we will 10 years down the road. That sounds like such a fun trip. And I love the photos.