stick vacuuming contentment

woke up in the 5s this morning with sharp pins and needles in my right hand. the kind that don't go away until i sit up and roll my head around and shimmy my shoulders.  as much as i tried to do that with my eyes closed, breathing deeply my body was not fooled and i was awake for good.

worked from home today.  i spent the morning getting articles from people and sending out interview questions.  around lunch i had a chat with barb and lo and behold she bought ranunculus too!  i want to get more.  she had more colours.  i want more colours!!  they are so cheerful and ruffly.  flower season is starting.

in the afternoon i struggled to start working on an article i'm going to write about a member who passed away.  bruce marshall.  he was my first special clubhouse friend.  4 or 5 years ago her moved out to the valley to be closer to his daughter and grandkids.  his care home was hit pretty hard with covid and he passed away in december.  but we didn't find out until recently.  anyway, i want to do a remberance piece on him and i'm not sure where to start.  but also i just felt tired and sluggish.  the uterine shedding probably didn't help.  my ute rears up her head and says "excuse me?? i'm doing my job! i am doing the very definition of helping!"  get off your high horse ute.  you shed when you want to! uet tosses her ovaries like a defiant toss of the hair " i am above schedules" she smirked.  you are a feline. she arched a figurative eye (an egg? as if i have any of those left) "hiss", and clawed my insides.

what was i even talking about?  oh yeah.  so i forgot rob's birthday on the 16th.  i said why don't we meet at circle k for screamers?  so i met him at 3.  he was in two different shoes, a doc martin boot and a sneaker. he was wearing a red jacket with indigenous art on it and had a whisky bottle sitting in his pocket.  he had his dog pluto with him.  pluto was in a tshirt.  he's a bit chubby but no judgement.  far be it from a chubby to judge another chubby.  you rock your stuff pluto.  anyways i was buying the screamers and rob asked me to buy him a lighter.  he couldn't go in with pluto.  so i said sure and he pulled a wad of cash out of his doc martin boot and gave me 5 bucks.  i got him cream soda and me a lime.  just small ones.  then we sat at the bus stop to talk.

rob is wild to talk to these days.  he can't carry a conversation.  he's very jolly but talks over you, bursts out with different things, jumps to i'm really sorry for this blah blah that.  when he threw his screamer on the sidewalk 3 times it was time to part ways.  he called me later 'to see if i got home safely'.  i told him no i was in jail and i'd see him when i was done my time.

izzy and i had some nap time together on the big bed.  quiet time.

i actually had a great evening though.  i had a fantastic scripture study.  i felt aflame with the spirit.  i don't know how else to say it. i feel like Heavenly Father is really answering my prayers in a special way.

so i picked 5 care tasks for each room of the house that if they got done every week would make that room functional and make me feel good about that room.  and then i gave each day one of those tasks.  so in the kitchen mondays are sweep and mop days.  in the living room it is the day to dust.  in the bathroom it is toilet day and in the hallway it's empty the litter day and the bedroom is vacuum day.  i don't have to do the things for that day.  it is just a guide.  and i can chose to do only part of it or spend a certain amount of time doing it depending on the task.  so far on day 1 i like this system.  first i like that i don't feel like i have to do it.  but when i looked at the care tasks for today i was like, ya, this will be fun.  each task in itself does not take very long.  and i put the bigger things on mondays and tuesdays because that's when i have more energy and friday and saturday are shared i can chose which day to do them on or spread them out between days.  i like that too.  so.  day one was great.  i love my new stick vacuum  it's so light!  but it has pretty good suction.  the only thing is the cord from the bathroom doesn't reach the whole bedroom so i have to dive down between the wall and the bed to plug it in.  i gave myself permission not to worry about that today and just vacuumed the majority of the room.  what a big difference already!

anyway we'll see how the week goes.  but even if i don't do it all, doing some of it is awesome.  so i'm not worried.  i think it's great.  it's positive and it makes me feel better about my home. not overwhelmed and not weighed down.  so high five self.  too legit.

this time last year..


Comments

Jeannie said…
High five from the Mudsy. She loves the schedule.... Especially the no pressure part. Perfect for you. Otherwise you would feel rebellious. Does Rob still come to the clubhouse? It sounds like he should be going to AA. Poor guy. Nice he has a dog for a pal. They make such good friends. I have a stick vacuum cleaner to that I picked up on the side of the road in Surrey that I really like. It is yellow and a Eureka and it's chord is also annoyingly short. The number 4 in me solved that problem by having an extension cord attached to it at all times. I have to empty it about every time I use it however. I also have a bigger vacuum cleaner . Pros and cons to each . Having two works for me . I have a neighbour 2 doors over who is always thinning out her flower garden and puts them out by the road. And I am always picking them up and bringing him home and sticking them into the garden and waiting to see what they will be.
Jeannie said…
BTW your conversation with your uterus is hilarious 😁😂🤣 You are definitely one of a kind. Thanks for the chuckles. They do me so much good