sweet creature

sunshiny day, thank you for the way you light up my home. fuzzy, plushy blankets, thank you for being like heaven to touch.

today was my day off and it didn't go as i wanted.  dysania is real.  but i tell myself it's never too late to have the kind of day i want.  so have a shower and order seat belt extenders on amazon.  what i'm saying is...achievement.  what i'm saying is self high five.

while i was showering i glanced down and saw the patch of skin tags under my right breast and had a single thought, "pebble garden".  then the scene in frozen with the stone trolls flashed into my head quickly followed by stonehenge. then i smirked to myself and sudsed my right pit.  and that's how my brain works.  

on monday heather and i met up again with the sole purpose to make the tik tok roasted cherry tomato and feta pasta together.  but first i went grocery shopping.  to be clear i did the grocery shop of my life. i decided it was time to use my christmas gift certificates for save-on.  i thought we got 150.  but no, we got 250 which was a lovely surprise.  i bought everything.  including a bag of baby potatoes and a huge bag of russet potatoes.  20lbs?  maybe. i'm not sure.  it could be 10 lbs.  either way it's a lot of potatoes. and a bilion garlic heads. i also splurged on oils and vinegars of all different kinds. i overdid it with my foot on saturday, walking down the path the washrooms and over the uneven snow to the bench and back, and walking 3 shops down to koko monks etc.  she let me know that is not in her contract.  but traipsing up and down the aisles with my cart was against her religion. "why did i think this was a good idea?" i asked myself sanding on one foot and bobbling my foot like a fussy baby on my hip.  she would not take her soother. meanwhile my knee on my left leg was not happy taking the slack of my colicky foot.  "no." i said firmly to both of them and meant it.  you simply cannot be so useless as to not allow me to grocery shop.  i do not allow it.  and i put them both in a time out. 

so i spent it all and had to pay 33 dollars.  it was kind of fun.  

i didn't even bother to bring it all in.  only the freezer stuff.  then i drove to heather's.  i sat in her camping chair.  she has the director kind.  she got a box for me to rest my foot on.  we talked a lot as we do.  as needed i would bring the chair into the kitchen and back out to the living room.  it was very handy.  so the tik tok pasta.  it's soooo yummy.  and so easy.  only 2 dishes.  use a baking dish.  like a 9x13 for example.  toss your cherry tomatoes in there with a scalped head of garlic.  drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper,  and oregano.  make a space for a block of feta in the middle.  drizzle just a little oil on it.  roast them in the oven until roasty toasty brown edged. squeeze the garlics out and smoosh them and the feta with your fork.  pour a little pasta water in there, mix it all and toss your pasta in and some torn basil leaves.  mix eat and have joy in what you've made.  simple and delish.  you can make variants with different cheeses, add some other veg to the roast, but i urge you to start with the original.  i urge you to make it.  make it!

h and i stuffed our faces and were happy and then we talked more.  i think i talked the most, if anyone was keeping track.  if anyone is giving out prizes for being a blather mouth.  i'll take one.

once upon a time we moved from old pathways to new pathways and at new pathways we had all new furniture, including chairs.  once upon a time dave bought way too many chairs and we stored them in the closet in the dining room (which i was against at the time but gave up because it was inevitable).  after 3.5 years at new pathways, and the pandemic induced hybrid working from home the grip on the new chairs has loosened and a use for the closet space was proposed.  the result is that members and staff could take home a chair if they wanted.  i greedily grabbed an office rollie-pollie chair for myself and then promptly forgot to take it home the next 3 times i was at pathways.  but yesterday i remembered.  my first indication that difficulties in transportation lay ahead was after i wheeled it out to the parkade and tried to hoist it into the cavern of sahib.  oh my gosh rollie-pollie is a heavy hefty boi.  bottom heavy if you know what i mean.  but i grunted and shoved and got him in there.  getting him up my back stairs was a super human feat and i give the credit to my thighs.  those strong warrior thighs have got me through many a pickle when my arms have been like, "um, no can do bro.".  lug by lug, step by step and, shove by shove and heave by heave we made it to the top.

last night we called our young womens activity 'galentine's day' and just chatted while doing our own craft or project.  i made paper flowers.  the night ended with a discussion of whether anyone has ever had a 'confession', which means has a guy confessed he liked you.  they are so cute and wholesome.  

i'm hungry, bye.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Does sound delicious. What is a scalped head of garlic? Congrats on your new wheelchair.
Laura said…
scalped as in just the top part of the head cut off.