stand my ground

 "I'm not clumsy.  I'm accident prone!".  katie all but guffawed at me when i said that.  she thinks those are two ways of saying the same thing.   and while i know she's wrong about that,  yesterday i went to put the chipotle mayo in the fridge, it slipped out if my hands, thudded painfully on my permenantly curled toes, bounced then rolled under the shelf. i grabbed the broom to reach the mayo, knocking a canister off the shelf and the dust pan clattered to the floor.  this series of events weakened my conviction but i stand my ground (with a throbbing slightly bloody third toe)--hi I'm laura. accident prone.  not clumsy.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Sorry to laugh, but you have to admit it is funny. Sorry about your bloodied toe. I have another definition. Not careful.
Jeannie said…
My observation from living for 56 years with King of accident prone. A kind of blithe optimism that disables caution.