pet publication

 it's deadline time again and i got time for nuthin and nobody.  i want to write about my new year's day but i don't have time.  instead i'll give you this.  i submitted this to our pathways pet publication about izzy:



Izzy was my roommate’s cat and my cat (now deceased, thanks Dave for bringing it up,) Archie’s sister.  When my roomie got married and moved to New Zealand I inherited Izzy.  She is 14 years old and when she is crabby and demanding to go out and then come in and then go out and then come in and then go out and then come in, I call her ‘old lady’.  “I don’t play your games.” I tell her, but sadly this is just bravado on my part.  Izzy and I both know that eventually I will cave to her demands.  Izzy’s skills include hunting and eating silver fish, leaving dead rats on my door step, and passive aggressively sliding one single claw slightly against my arm while pretending she’s not.  But her greatest skill is being unbearably cute and soft at the exact same moment of being persistently and aggravatingly annoying.  She has pointy paws that bruise the bodies she treads on.  As queen of everything that’s her right. She loves luxuriating in sun spots and still gets cases of the zoomies.  She is mortal enemies with a fluffy cat we call “power cat” who as the nerve to invade her realm on some summer nights.  And last but not least Izzy’s favourite scent in the world is my friend’s BO. Izzy literally crams her face into her armpit.  Every time.  She didn’t seem sad when Archie died.  Just saying. The end

and just as a bonus i'll tell you that i posted pics of our lunch yesterday--it was ratatouille, on our member fb page.  in the description i said it was "a summer stew made with our winter tears'.  no one as of yet seems to have noticed.  

good night.  i'm getting up early again tomorrow (i did today too).  early morning seems to be the only time i seem to be able to get something done.  today i fielded countless calls from a member who refused to talk.  just  me: "pathways clubhouse."  him:  "                                ".  over and over.  that was fun.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Izzy is doing so well for an old lady.Btw I refresh to get this.
katie said…
Thanks for your demo of what fielding your calls was like. 🙂 And a great tribute to Izzy. I’m sure deep down she was grieving Archie—she just hid it well.