lost pics of 2020

 andi charged my kobo for me with an old android charger or something.  i downloaded a book from my list.  it's called 'harry's trees'.  it's about loss and magic and living.  i read 9 chapters the first night and 10 or 11 chapters last night.  when i went to read today, the battery was dead... so i still have that to solve.  but i've been enjoying my reading nights.

i have initiated another self-project.  it's called 'outside.'  i decided that i spend 10 minutes outside every day no matter the weather.  it's not enough to enjoy the light through the windows. today, the 2nd day, i changed it to 20.  twenty has even more health benefits than 10.  on both days i sat on my porch as the sun lowered on the horizon.  around 4 pm.  i watched people walking in the park.  i noted to myself the way the sideways light lit up the two dogs.  i heard  hummingbird buzz in behind me.  i resisted looking so as to not spook her.   i know me being there is throwing her for loop.  yesterday she saw me sitting there and darted off instantly only to reappear a minute later and insta-dart off again.  today i ended the 20 minutes by taking some self portraits reflecting in the windows.


what a lively kitchen table hu.  that's the new and improved version.  the 'decluttered' one.  haha.  well i started the process anyways.  i use my sewing kit an the two boxes of coffee that kaetlyn sent home with me for andrea, and i never sent them to her, as my desk for the work laptop.

anyways speaking of selfies, i edited this selfie i took of me on jan 26 2020.  one day i'll think this is beautiful.  
it's been ages since i edited any photos.  today i went through 2020 folders for photos that fell through the cracks.  i found the selfie and these hummingbird and fucsia photos.  my loves of the summer.

i wanted to capture her so much better than this but when she was very resistant to the idea, i just gave up and enjoyed her with my eye cameras.

this is that one time she perched here for a long time.  if you zoom in you can see some of her details.
and izzbizz, looking cute dainty of paw and stunning of eye.  lemme in.  she is saying.  lemme out she said a minute later.

does she sometimes feel like sterne's starling quoted in mansfield park? “I can't get out—I can't get out,” said the starling. I stood looking at the bird: and to every person who came through the passage it ran fluttering to the side towards which they approach'd it, with the same lamentation of its captivity. —“I can't get out,” said the starling."  even when she's out, maybe she doesn't feel like she's out.  

i went to the dr on wednesday.  he sent me for xrays.  the xray tech was very chatty.  determined to make chat. both he and dr howie had to help me with my boot.  i have a hard time reching one of the buckles and unless i am sitting just so it's a struggle.  dr. howie took off my sock too.  we both laughed nervously when he did that. i asked dr. howie if it might be a ligament or a tendon.  he said it was possible but xrays were the first step.  he said he has a favourite podiatrist in ladner. if needed he'll send me there.  he said i should blow dry my pits after a shower but that was about something else.  lol.

my foot has been feeling better.  not better better, but not so enflamed and angry.  i haven't been out of the house since wednesday though.  well besides the porch.

judy keeps calling me offering things from her house.  this last time it was a large glass turkey platter.  what would i do with that??  i told her i wouldn't have room or use for that, and undeterred she said "ok, what about a tripod?"  she had me there.  one cannot have too many tripods.  and so i said these fateful words "do you have anything for value villiage?  i'm making a trip there soon." 2 boxes of junk were promptly laid on  my porch with a dusty tripod case.  i haven't looked at it yet.  but was it worth 2 boxes i have to carry down the stairs?  we'll see.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Get Judy to carry the boxes down for you. And you are ministering brothers would absolutely love to give you a priesthood blessing.
katie said…
I’m interested in the books you are reading. Keep me posted on any recommendations. Love the pics of the hummingbird and fucsia. How’s your foot? I know a good podiatrist too...My X-ray people hardly speak 2 words to me.