shine on

 our christmas eve indian feast is still feeding me.  i'm on my 3rd meal of it and finally finished off the naan. heather gave me all the biryani because it was too spicy for her. i think i'll get at least 2 more meals out of it.  yay for feasts!

the big news is this: judy is moving.  did i reveal this already?  well if i did, it's because it's big news.  she told me from her yard where she was smoking one night when i ran out to retrieve some bags that had blown off my porch.  i had english muffins toasting on the stove top so i was antsy to get back in but before i did i gleaned quite a bit from judy's usual torrent of information overload.  she's going to go live on a boat in the rive with her ex, lawrence.  this part is not too surprising because she is often going out to stay on the boat.   it is also not surprising that steady streams of things 'up for grabs' has been since flowing.  i had 2 missed calls yesterday morning and 2 items sitting on my porch when i woke up.  a crystal dish and a glass reindeer...i put them both straight into the bag i was preparing for value village.  judy has also been telling me about antique type writers and dressers with mirrors and wimbledon ice bowls, etc etc.  i just repeat to myself "don't get loaded down with other people's stuff.  don't get loaded down with other people's stuff".  there's a dark side of seeing possibilities in everything.  i say that as a person who still has some of elicia's grains and herbal teas from 2008... not to mention her cat.  wink wink.

judy mentioned that ken has asked her to leave a number of times.  that did surprise me.  oh well.  i hope she will be happy out on the river.  i will miss her surprise visits with food bank gifts and baking, or bowls of blackberries from her bush.  i will miss having an ever ready cat babysitter.  that was a blessing.  

judy seems to think the turkish family that lives beside me will probably take over her apartment too as they are now living with several generations in one home. after she leaves i will be the one that has lived here the longest.

yesterday i watched all the book of mormon videos that i hadn't seen yet which was from mid mosiah to the end.  they were good.  i was disappointed there wasn't more.  i want to see all the stories and i want to know the back stories.

cleaning up my table has reunited me with my yearly planner on the last few days of the year.  i brought it home in march or april when we started working from home and it quickly got buried under all the projects that took place on this table. at the start of each month there is a page with a quote on it.  for december it says "believe you can and you're halfway there."--theodore roosevelt.  i believe i can!  on the other side of the page it says "now is your time to shine"  oh i'm going to!



Comments

Jeannie said…
I believe you can too and oh yes you are.
Jeannie said…
Is there any explanation why I got December 14th and December 16th fall on the same day as I got December twenty 7th? I just checked every night and it was always grind.
Laura said…
i don't know. maybe it has to do with your browser. it wasn't refreshing or something?
katie said…
I know what you mean about not getting loaded down with other people’s stuff! I got rid of so much, yet it still pulls me down. Who is Ken? Why would he ask Judy to leave?
I love the Book of Mormon videos! I learn so much from watching them! (I especially like Alma 😉🤫) I can’t wait until the rest are done.
Laura said…
ken is my landlord and i think it's because she sometimes has trouble paying her rent