miss piggy at the food court

 2020's favourite word--unprecedented.  i'm so tired of hearing this word. if news writers can find some appropriate synonyms that would help.  may i suggest a few options: unparalleled, unequaled, extraordinary, FREAKISH..thanks oxford languages for these alternative options.  i'm going to submit them to the cbc.  it would be awesome if they used freakish in place of unprecedented.  

 my hope for for 2021 is a word like yay or wahoo.

today i made a creative kind of tostada.  i fried my corn tortillas but kept them flat instead of folding them into tacos.  a smear of hummus, a splarsh of chipotle hot sauce, a stack of freshy fresh slaw, some slices of avocado and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.  they were, i admit, unprecedented, but they were satifying.

i listened to music while i extracted pomegranate seeds.  i listened to music all day.  it was a meditation.  it all started with a song i heard on tik tok.  i looked it up and listened to it 4 or 5 times in a row.  it's called evermore by taylor swift and bon iver. check it out:

https://youtu.be/EXLgZZE072g

izzy just blessed my home with a stink bomb.

today i was sitting at the table working on some project lost in music and i looked up just to see hummingbird hovering right up against the window looking in.  she never comes that far in under the porch awning.  is she wondering why i'm never outside anymore?  is she looking for her friend izzy?

around 6ish i got dressed.  i chose a deliberately summery outfit.  jeans with frayed bottoms, (to be fair those are my only jeans), neon peachy pink cactus shirt with pink flamingo tank top underneath.  then i put my jacket over top, hood up.  my summer secret.  lately it seems to rain the day after i wash my hair every. time.  to be fair it is raining most days.  still i would be grateful for a few good hair days before the rain puts my hair on frizz cruise control.

i went to indigo.  my quest was to buy my flavour idol's  new cookbook called, what do you know, 'flavor'.  i looked it up before hand.  the website said 'in store'. but when i got to the store their computer said 'in other stores.  not this one.' *dead eyes straight lips emoji*

so instead i got bacon double cheese poutine at new york fries and a hot dog.  the girl asked me what size and i was not expecting that, so i said large.  um.  a large is quite large.  the guy when handing me the bag told me pointedly that there was only one fork inside.  "oh i don't need i fork," i replied, "i'm just going to shovel into my snout with my piggy hooves."  haha.  i wish i did say that.

then i went to shoppers and spent 5 dollars.

then i came home.  what an adventure.  what will i get up to tomorrow?  

Comments

Jeannie said…
Unbelievable about the hummingbird or should I say unprecedented.
katie said…
So since you want the word for 2021 to be yay or awesome, why don’t you start the trend by using at least one of those words in every post. I like the idea of a year of yay. 🤗 Your comment to the vendor made me laugh. I wish you had said it too