klaus and the postman

 last night the yw had their secret santa reveal activity on zoom.  it's always on zoom.  before the activity, i drove around to everyone's houses picking up their presents and delivering them.  that was fun.  both winnie and ailah live within 5 minutes of my work which was super handy.  winnie gave me the gift for her secret santa and a christmas card for me.  it was sweet.  she said thanks for always being there for them like a sister or an aunty.  aw.  sometimes i think i've been yw leader for too long.  other times i know it's a blessing that i'm being dumb about.

after yw i worked on christmas projectiles and watched klaus on netflix.  has anyone seen it?  it's so good.  i really liked it.  i may watch it again.  what is with this watching things 2 times in a row?  i also watched the live mulan two days in a row.  i looooooooooooooved it.   don't say to me there are no songs.  don't say to me there is no mushu.  it was a thing unto itself and i loved it.

last week i got out of the shower one night...monday night and something was hurting.  i searched and found a red sore lump in no man's land (literally, rolls eyes) between the booZAM, and the arm pitt.  definate boob tissue area.  the whole next day it radiated ache towards the whole side of my bwebbi.  i also saw a white spot smack in the middle of my nip.  not there before.  so i decided to make an appointment to see dr. h and flash him my jigglers.  

my appointment was for 8am thursday morning.  i had the day off but forgot that when i made the appointment.  but it was good to be there first thing because parking was a breeze. dr. h did an examination.  i thought i would feel embarrassed, but to be honest, i didn't.  he said things that appear suddenly most likely are not cancer.  he said it is probably an infection and told me to apply heat 3x a day.  he is also sending me for an ultrasound just to be sure. but said it will probably not be until the new year.

so i applied heat to it for 4 days.  it's still there but maybe it's a little smaller.  i had my period at the same time which was just so special.  what's actually miraculous is that i had it 22 days after the last one.  wut??  it randomly cycled into a regular pattern?  don't think it will last ok.  

i'm off tomorrow and the next day.  it's christmas next week and i'm in denial about it.

j9 was interviewed today for the richmond news.  they are doing a piece about our youth program.  they wanted a photo of her so i came to work in my pj bottoms to do a little shoot of her.  it should not come as a surprise to those who know me that i ended up laying on the wet cement outside while she jumped near a puddle.  sacrifice for the shot.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, I can just see you laying on the wet cement outside!! hahahahaha!

h
Jeannie said…
How come this cheery update did not appear on my device until the 27th when you wrote it before Christmas? I checked last night and all there was was grind. How come I seem to have a time-lapse in receiving them? Then I get a whole bunch in a row, it's like feast and famine.
katie said…
Yes that is a classic Laura photo moment. I’m glad the dr’s appointment went well. (Jigglers? 😆) And I hear you about Mulan. Why are there so many haters? I loved it!