swelter

too tired too hot kind of day.  the kind of day that brings no relief from fans and feet in cold icy water only lasts as long as your feet are in the water.  i finished work late.  i spent a lot of the day scheduling for christmas holidays if you can believe it.  it's a concern of right now for some reason.  negotiations.  talks.  rising heat.  i had to write some blurbs on our unit for our website which we are revamping.  that's what took me over time.  i was going to have a shower after.  a delicious cool shower.  but i undressed and wilted in a heap of catatonic exhaustion, naked on my bed with the fan blowing on me.  gnawing hunger did not move me.  the old lady's demands did not move me.  finally by eight thirty i got up and had that delicious shower which was no less delicious because it was late in coming.  then i dressed and went out to buy a little cat food, and a little woman food.  but first i went through the drive through at mcdonald's.  i ordered 2 bacon cheese burgers, a large fries and a blue raspberry slushie. i thought the slushie would really hit the spot.  they gave me two.  "i only ordered one" i said to the girl but she forced me to take them so i did and and i slurped them until they were gone.

i'm so glad tomorrow is a go in to work day if not just for the air conditioning.  i leave with pics from the dark night bright hearts episode of my life.

ps i went out braless. no big deal. that's what this pandemic has done for me.










Comments

amyleigh said…
ahhh I love those photos!!!

I hear you, I've had some days lately where I collapse in exhaustion in the heat and refuse to be moved until I'm good and ready.
Jeannie said…
Scrumptious photos as usual. Living in a basement Suite is a really cool thing to do.