so pender

amy ended up having a whole day off on tuesday and we relished it. (amy relishes her bites as well)

she did a tabata flow which i heard more than i saw from the loft, but amy did say at the end in a very satisfied voice that she was laying in a pool of sweat.  i can only assume and hope that it was her own.

i sat outside to do my scripture study.

amy went off on a jaunt to the store to get some freshies.  she came back with a bounty of freshies indeed and proceeded to artfully arrange a bowl with apricots, strawberries, and blueberries with coconut whipped cream on the side to swipe the fruit in.  then she made a decidedly wonderful baked trout and a  goat cheese omelette.  amy said it feels good to self care  with good food.  i agree.

we took some modeling shots of amy in some t-shirts by bethany, which was fun for me..

we decided to do some frisbee golf.  there is a little circuit on the bottom of the mountain for stiff legs huffy bodies like myself and we went there.  amy generously shared her frisbee golf knowledge with me.  the most fun tidbit was how to make the disc curve.  

we hit many trees.  we sat on many benches in the woods.  we had fun.  we did the route twice and the 2nd time around i did every shot almost exactly the same way.  i often got 1 under par and amy often got par.  after our rounds of golf we struggled to find the latch to open the hood for trucky.  trucky is a cheverolet and it reminded me of when it took me forever to find the right spot to open whinnie's hood.  i saw it's sneaky little spot finally and we got it open and amy found where to add the oil.  just as that was happening dan rolled up on his bike with his friend curtis.  i didn't know it was dan at first so my reception to him was rather cool, not what i would have given if i a had known.

back in emerald glen, we had the rest of my salad.  i ate mine with all the liquid so it was kind of a salad soup.  i ate it with some goat brie baguettes soaking up the juice.  amy also made crispy tofu. let it be known.

that evening we made our way to boat nook to watch the sunset.  amy wasn't sure of it's exact spot so we passed it and a romantic looking couple in straw hats and loose flowy clothing in warm grey.  hers was a slip dress and his looked like linen from afar.  amy agreed that they looked like they were from a different time.  anyways when we found boat nook and made our way to the look out, of course there was a bench with binoculars wired to it for all to use.  so pender.  we also found the romantic pair already down on the little bit of rock that was not already covered with water.  we sat up on the bench for a while and watched. but when the romantic couple left (i told them they looked romantic, but up close it was less of an effect) we went down the few stairs to the beach.  on the way down i could see one house over from the path.  in their back yard which went right to the cliff face was hug bushes of big white flowers.  i became so curious over whether they were gardenias or not that i could not stop pestering amy about it.  "why don't you scale the wall and grab that gardenia in your teeth", i would suggest as we sat on the bumpy rocks.  she couldn't be bothered. but she could be bothered to save me from the icky isopod and talk to it gently and lovingly caress it with her gaze.

we went back up to the bench for a while and watched some more.  sometimes we talked and sometimes we sat in peaceful side by side-ness.  we chose which house was ours and we scanned the sea and the windows with the binocs.  

left over pizza for dinner.

that night i packed all my stuff and went to sleep in my navy onesie so in the morning i would be ready to go.  

my alarm went off at 5:15am.  my knees were swollen and i was stymied on how to get down.  i couldn't seem to bend my knee enough for my searching toe to touch the counter.  thankfully amy heard my struggles and came to the rescue with my stool (not poo).  she put it in the counter so i could reach it with my search-toe.  it was exactly what i needed to heave myself down to the lower levels with the common people.

amy helped me carry some stuff.  out and we had our final squeeze.  a very lovely sister visit.  \\


i forgot my stool ( poo.  just kidding not poo.)

it was a pretty morning and i enjoyed my drive to the ferry terminal.  i was there 2nd one in line for the toll booth which was not open yet.  i was 2 hours early. i just didn't want to chance it and there were no reservations for victoria. cars soon started to pile up behind me.  when the booth opened, eventually, and i had my turn at it, i tried to pay the booth lady money.  "no. it's round trip." she said and waved me through.  i was first in line to victoria.  the ferry guy who points you to a lane when you are boarding the ferry, was sweet but dorky island style.

before the ferry came i went to the washroom in the waiting area and brushed my teeth and shaved.  brushed some water into my hair with my fingers and i was good to go.

the ferry was a little one and it only took 40 minutes.  good bye pender.  you've been so pender and it was perfect.


























Comments

Jeannie said…
I vicariously enjoy Pender and Amy so much. Thank you thank you my special daughter. Now I am hoping you survived camping with my grandchildren. When you recover I am sure I will hear all about it. Looking forward to vicariously enjoying that too.