4 best things

it's a glorious day for my hair if i must say so myself and it's more than likely that i must.  i left it drying--the top layer pinned and the bottom layer tied gently with a scarf while i slept.  this morning everything was shiny and bouncy.  and today was tuesday and that means it's the day i go in to work.  celebration day.  i wear cute clothes and a bra and... pants even and i do my make up and wear a bright colour on my strawberry lips.  ha.  a guy once told me i had strawberry lips.  it might have been the same guy who said i look beautiful in the dark. hahahahaha.  

as a special treat i stopped for a mcdonald's breakfast.  they don't do mcgriddles anymore.  grr.  they don't do scrambled eggs anymore.  growl.  so i got them without egg.  solved.  mango smoothie--my fave.

the best 4 things about today:

1. heather sent me this link from bored panda dot com.  it was failed dog hair cuts by owners.  you can find it here.  i died.  i sat there all alone and bust a gut until i almost cried.  i laughed so hard and i had a left over laugh in my throat for a couple of hours after that.  it felt so good to laugh like that.  thanks h.

2. i brought cantankerous old maxine her ipad.  we set it all up for her. i dropped it off but i almost forgot it.  when i remembered i went back inside and called her.   "are you home?" i asked her, "yeah, why?" she answered.  "good.  i'm going to come over and beat you up." i said.  "laura..."    i gave in and told her i was kidding and would bring her ipad.  but i enjoyed saying i was going to beat her up.  you have to know maxine.

3. when i got home i sat in my car with the windows down and the light breeze wafting in the sweet smell of cut grass (i was going to say shaved grass.  that's weird) and the sun warming my arm as i chatted with various people about stuffs, some work some not.  the fresh grass smell, the bright day and the sun on my skin--the best.

4. we had our first planned zoom yw activity.  it was a dance party.  aoy had dance dance revolution and she shared her screen with us, we all muted ourselves and danced.  it was fun.  i hid from view because nobody needs to see this.  we all took turns picking songs.  callie even came and nate joined her in dancing and stewart and hannah were dancing with yumi.  it brightened up my evening and i got all hot and sweaty.  i am sure my fl-abs will be complaining tomorrow.  my spine was warm and i felt more alive.  it gave me energy to do some dishes and take out my recycling.

annabella called me on saturday morning.  she said she had something for me for my birthday.  so i stopped by her condo that afternoon.  her hair is getting long.  she gave me a bag of shitake mushroom chips.  it's like actual shitake mushrooms dried and flavoured like chips.  very interesting but good.  she also gave me half a bag of kimchi dumplings.  she knows my love--interesting food.  

speaking of which i have some plans for more interesting foods.  lindsay challenged me to make scallion pancakes with RAMPS.  if you don't know what ramps are, i didn't either.  they are like wild leeks.  katie solved the mystery.  she says she's not a gardener BUT SHE IS.  i've been telling fatima how ottolenghi who we call otto for short, is my true love chef and she told me he was on instagram.  why didn't i think of that?? so i followed him and now i keep getting cool ideas EVERY DAY.  TAKE YOUR CAPS OFF.  fine.  today he reposted one of his kitchen tester's post about za'atar pratha.  i didn't know what these were, but now i do and i want to make them!  plus i didn't do the roasted onions with walnut salsa that makes my heart go thumpa thumpa.  so.  there are good days and good eats ahead.












Comments

Jeannie said…
I wish you were my cook.
Way to find the beauty in simple things! Good hair days are the best! Your food sounds so yummy!