elderly lumps

izzy is a warm purring lump at my left elbow.  i looked it up.  she'll be 72 in may.

also i can just see the tiny sliver of a moon eastward through the trees, just above the horizon.  it's fading with the dawning of the day. 

i woke up an hour earlier than intended today.  i was having a dream where i was in some kind of stadium full of people.  i was navigating all around them, on benches and platforms that would sink down and rise up in unpredictable ways.  i saw mom and katie waving me over to them but to get to them i had to step on a lady who had a platform tile on her lap.  i took my weight off of it as soon as i realized her legs were under it.  "oh are you ok?" i asked, but i was compelled to keep going so as not to be standing on her. "i am because of my bag of ice for my knee." i heard her mumble behind me.  i got to katie and mom and i was like "where do i sit?" and mom said "down there." and indicated that i sit on the ground and rest against their legs and so i did.  the end.

yesterday when i went to bed my whole body was aching.  especially my hands and wrists and feet and shoulder.  i don't know why.  i didn't do anything strenuous.  this morning i'm fine.  weiwd.

lately i've been thinking about how faith is a principle of power.  and you know...applying that idea or that truth to times when i feel powerless.  is the truth that we are in fact powerful to do many mighty things and it is only the veil of unbelief across our minds that hinders us?  i'm thinking about that.

imma gonna make a pineapple ginger smoothie now.

oh. also i organized my mountain of recycling.  congratulate me.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Mudsy applauds the organization. Your smoothies sound delicious.