rattled

a weird thing--after downstairs dave moved out, the heat is suddenly on all the time and my place is not too cold.  i mean it did warm up a little too, but still.  i can hang out in my undies without huddling under blankets.  i'm enjoying it but i know i'll have to pay later.  literally.

speaking of downstairs dave.  he rattled my screen door today at the exact moment i was standing in the bathroom in a towel, just about to pin up my hair.  i was all wuuut.  i tucked my towel more securely around me and slid from the bathroom to my bedroom.  i hoped he didn't see me from the window but most people don't look in the living room window when they are waiting at the door.  i caught a glimpse of him but i didn't know who it was.  all i could see was: man.  he rattled again.  i opened my bedroom window and i was all "yes?"  downstairs dave.  not gone yet.  he asked me to move my car so his friend could get a truck in.  they were doing a dump run.  i covered my nudity with some clothings and dutifully moved sahib.  the mud tracks in our lawn are deep trenches now.   downstairs dave's move has wounded our lawn.  i chatted with him a bit about his new place.  his brother lives there.  that's nice.  i hope when i'm old i can live near my sisters.  brothers would be nice too... katie says me and her will be like verna and laura madge aka laura the 1st. ie. laura sr. yeah, gram.  i miss gram's giggle.

today i wore the new hoop earrings with a denim bow on them.  so cute.  no one saw them under my triangle hair.  my hair dried triangle. 

today was my social.  i was with j9.  we went bowling.  but first i had us make an ambitious dinner.  i made beef/lamb kofta/kefta donairs.  i made the kofta into big meatballs rather than skewers and i made a tabouleh like salad with cucumber, tomatoes, bulgher, parsley, mint, green onions and looooots of lemon zest and juice. oh and olive oil. always olive oil.  so it went like this: tear the pita apart carefully.  if you tear it badly, get mad, rip it up and throw it in the compost but don't do that too many times because you'll run out of pita.  smear some lemon garlic mayo on one side.  line up 3 kofta meatballs, tumble some salad beside it, drizzle it with tahini sauce, add some pink pickled turnips, crumble some feta and sprinkle some hot sauce.  wrap it up.  if it tears and ingredients squelch out, squeal and pat it into place.  make a note to yourself to give the torn ones to someone else.  serve it with fries and left overs of the salad.

bowling was fun.  my goal was not to be last.  i kept an eye on those in the lower regions of the score board and secretly rejoiced in their gutter balls.  i would give j9 a knowing look.  she said "you are so cut throat tonight!" in the end i got a spare on my final bowl and tied for 2nd with a mere 88 points.  none of us were totally on our a game.  but to be honest i don't have a bowling a game.  my score always seems random.  it can have a wide range.  i watch good bowlers and i really don't get how they seem to scoop the bowling ball and whip it down the lane.  i don't get it.  i also don't get the people who can bowl with a spin.  don't get them.  i only get people who get gutter balls.  i get them real well. 

i have a bad feeling about my snuggards.  snuggards are my favourite jeans and i bought them in 2018.. i think.  or was it 2017??  it is actually inconceivable that i have worn a pair of jeans for 2 years.  they have only survived because i have mended them multiple times.  crotch patches to the max.  i didn't care.  i wanted snuggards with me always.  but i'm pretty sure they need more patching and it may or may not be possible.  like it may only be shreddies left in the crotch patch area.  like maybe the patches need patches.  what if snuggards were my only jeans for the rest of my life?

snuggards in april 2018



Comments

Jeannie said…
Absolutely nothing wrong with patching a patch unless the place where you need to attach it is also too thin. To me, mending close is part of redemption.