eight

sometimes you get behind on writing and you come back burning to share such things as:

1. chipotle hot sauce is one of my go to home cooking condiments.  long live chipotle hot sauce.

2. i was slugging in bed and my earring was poking me.  so i took it off and i was reuniting the back  to the post.  meanwhile izzy suddenly has to rub and bump against anything and everything like the rubbing bumping zealot that she is.  she head butted my hand just as it was about to complete the mission i had intended for it and the earring back tumbled into the bowels of my bedding never to be seen or heard from again.  i mean if it did say something no one would hear it.  it's tiny.  "jerk move." i said to izzy.  she huddled into sphynx position and began to purrr. "well maybe if you took off your slug suit you could find it and feed me at the same time" she said without actually saying it.

3. i stood on my lower stairs watching bro hutchinson disappear bum first through my living room window.  i really was not on my instagram game and now i have no visual record besides the one my eyes filed away.  today was stake conference and i went with evelyn and robert who picked me up and dropped me off.  i wore my wedding dress skirt and black pleather  top with top knot and cute turq and gold bow earrings and mustard bow shoes peeping out from below.  but i forgot my keys because i wasn't driving but i never forget to lock things.  i am consistent about locking and inconsistent with the tools of unlocking.  it's a life long curse of my adult years.  so usually i can break in to my dining room window, but the bar i put across it is actually working, which although annoying at this time, is good news.  my next thing is to call judy who has my spare key.  but i hadn't given it back to her since the last time... it's been happening a lot lately.  so i texted bro hutchinson who is my ministering brother.  when he answered he said "what tools should i bring?" and i said "lol, i have no idea.  ...go by the Spirit, like nephi."  a few minutes later he rounded the corner of my house carrying a big screw driver.  "go by the Spirit!' he muttered, laughing under his breath.  kitchen window continued to be secure.  meanwhile judy came by on her way to walk molly in the park and called up "hello norman! i know you!" bro hutchinson is always called norm and hearing him called norman was amusing to me, i don't know why.  judy of course wanted to be a part of the action and offered a ladder from our shed..the mysterious shed i have never ventured into.  but norman had a better one at home so he went home to get it.  and in short time, the screen was off, the ladder up and norman in...bum first to my house.

4.  i noticed a couple weeks ago that i was actually done all my morocco photos.  extraordinary.  so i started my morocco magazine project.  there are about 5 magazines, 1 roughly,  for each of the areas i visited. now i'm starting to write in the stories with the pics.  it's a fun project.

5.
in doing the project i fell in love with this photo i took in sidi kaoki on the atlantic coast of morocco and on a whim i ordered an enlargement of it. which was exciting but now that i have it, i need a frame...

6. the search for a frame sent me to value villiage where i found and bought a bunch of cute fun earrings many of which were turquoise, like the bow earrings i wore today.  i did not find a frame though.  well i found many but none the right size. i did buy one but it's 18x24 and my pic is 16x24.  so i can save that for another enlargement that i might order on a whim another day.  also it is not the kind of frame that easily comes apart.  like i think it was made to order and not to be changed.  so i have to unscrew all the 4 corner joints and take them apart etc

7. my innocent actions were a catalyst for an unintentional bullying event at work.  it was a whole big thing and i found the week very heavy and emotionally draining.  on top of that i was the communicator in the middle of a couple of other bruhahahas.  i think i gave that an extra 'ha' but i'm keeping it that way.  by the time friday came along i was not just an empty cup.  i was at the bottom of the ocean after someone pulled the drain and after the sun fried everything up.  

8. for that but mostly other reasons i really needed a good spiritual pick me up/refresher/renewal but i was not in right mode to receive.  i prayed for help.  but i didn't have much faith in a solution.  well, i would say more i didn't have much hope because of how lost and dark i was feeling at that moment.  but i went to leadership, and then choir practice and then adult session of stake conference, and that i think is an act of faith.  maybe small, but faith nonetheless.  and bit by bit the dark was sucked out, the light let in and hope got brighter and brighter.  that's just the way it worked.  lately my philosophy with myself is to put myself in holy places when i am the very least amount of holy myself.  because i'm sick and i need the medicine and that's where to get it.  because God makes promises and i believe him.  because i don't know what else to do and the little nudges come. pray. go to church.  read the scriptures.  write.  in leadership i felt a little of the light and it was growing.  the adult session was so powerful.  i cried.  i felt compelled to try again, to repent, i heard things i needed to hear. i practically yelled i know that my redeemer lives in alto. i love singing in stake conferences.  for some reason i can sing with my whole heart and it feels so so so good.  light, yes.  truth, yes, faith, yes.  renewal yes yes yes.  love--the most.  in leadership we were singing how firm a foundation.  i sang "i am thy God and will still give thee aid." and my voice broke and i couldn't sing "i'll strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand".  it felt like a message to me.  a speaker said our only limitations are in our minds and our actual power through faith is limitless.  one of the personal sermons taught to me was "don't give up." it's funny how different a thing can look from the pit  of discouragement versus the mountain top of faith.  i'm thankful for faithful people who did their small part to buoy my faith yesterday.  we don't always know what we are doing when we are doing it.  so many people are just doing their part and they don't know how they strengthen me.  God is a master weaver that way.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Whew! Glad I didn't miss this one. It's a keeper. Thank you thank you. I think there may be a typo because I couldn't quite get one sentence. " one of the speakers said we only limit ourselves.... or something like that. Can you check it?
Laura said…
oh. yeah. i edited that sentence to make it more clear.