gifts to me

my cupboards have been oppressing me.  they get so dirty and grubby.  and they are a cheap material/finish and don't clean easily. lysol wipes and mom's proverbial elbow grease is the only thing that works on them. yesterday i gave myself a christmas gift and after doing the dishes i continued on to a thorough wipe down of the counter and microwave.  the top of the microwave has become a little shelf and it was grubby too.  then i continued on and gave each cupboard door, handle  and rim a good scrubbing.  the drawers too.  i set my phone up and rested it against the glasses in the cup cubboard and played youtube videos of talk shows while i worked.  after all the cuppboards i naturally moved on to the grubby wall behind the stove and the stove top itself.  i even stood up on a chair and wiped the wall up to the celing, getting a lot of cobwebs.  the cobwebs of shame. it was very satisfying.  merry christmas to me. 

after i was done i felt so free. i made the gluten free brownie mix that i had in my cuppboard for a few years, and turned my last 2 sweetened condensed milk cans into dulce de leche all while finishing a christmas project.  i had brownies for supper.  don't judge me before or after i tell you this.  there may or may not have been plastic in my brownies.  on the back of the package it said you could make it with melted butter or coconut oil.  i had some coconut oil in the cupboard.  there was just a little left in the bottom of the jar.  perfect.  i only needed half a cup. so i put the jar in the microwave to melt down. almost instantly light flashes and loud zapping sounds emitted from the microwave.  turns out the rim of the jar had some metal remnants which were now on fire.  i put that out and then scooped the coconut oil into my plastic 1/2 cup measuring cup.  popped it back into the micro...it came out melted but not quite 1/2 cup.  fine. i dumped it into the batter and took some butter and put it into the same measuring cup and melted it.  perhaps i had it in the micro too long.  when i took it out i smelled plastic but i thought it was from the previous micro fire.  i dumped the butter into the batter but the way it fell and landed...was just weird.  i looked in the measuring cup and touched the bottom of it only to find it soft to the touch. yeah..i melted the plastic of my measuring cup...i looked at the batter.  it was the last of my eggs and coconut oil.  i wasn't willing to give it up so i just continued on.  the resulting brownies may or may not have had a slight plastic flavour. i chose to ignore it.

i wore my jammies all day and filmed my feet in their santa socks doing a little dance to the drummer boy and posted it on instagram.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hahahahahaha! I love reading your funny adventures! H