thick toast

yesterday dave diel and i had one of our outings.  we went to memory corner which is a little taiwanese restaurant right on the corner my my work.  i got the crispy chicken.  it reminds me of mei lin and that time we had it together.  so yummy, with the crispy basil.  it came with rice and some side salads/dishes.  dave was super wowed by the menu.  he happened to open it up in the drinks section and could not get over it.  it does have an extensive drink section.  i got a lemon and kumquat slushy and he got a lemon slushy with jelly and pearl.  his was huge and had so much jelly in it.  i know because i had to drink some of it.  both were nice.  i liked the basic sourness of mine.  the real revelation was the thick toast.  that was our dessert.  it's made on that super thick asian soft fluffy bread.  the kind we used to have in japan.  so your toast is about 3 inches tall and on top is marshmellows and sweetened condensed milk and you toast it until it's golden. oh my my my.  it was so delicious.  it was an utter pleasure to welcome it to my mouth.  there are other thick toasts.  one is peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk.  better b'lieve more thick toast rendezvous are in my future!

yesterday i worked on redesigning the birthday cards we make and more stuff about the christmas card photos.  i decided the best studio for the photos is in the stair well because it faces a big window that gives lots of light and there is a plain wall behind that we can put our backdrop on etc. i helped at lunch time by being a waiter.  that was fun and i got questions like, i thought you were downstairs! and some tears about missing me.  like come downstairs.  it's not impenetrable.  then there was the bathroom blitz.  my job was sinks.  we had a clubhouse decision making meeting about the possible bus strike and offering a shuttle service to and from the clubhouse in that case.  after that i met with a member about possible winter gardening.  then off to pick up carmen with her groceries and a quick look at her vacuum cleaner which is getting hard to push.  then i saw caitlin's poster for the christmas party which she did on canva and it was super cute and then i took off with dave.  that was my work day.  so far i'm finding that my days are still full and busy so that is nice.

oh also i wore my new knee high narwal socks over my jeans. at first it was all cute and kooky but as the day wore on i got totally overheated and i had to take them totally off.  i ended the day with bare feet in my runners. don't judge me.

today is pay day which is a good day.

Comments

Jeannie said…
Actually read this one. Enjoyed it very much but didn't know what to say.