surviving

so i survived the salad dressing feet by slithering to the ground and crawling to the bathroom to a towel. haha.

yesterday was another doozy.  i was up by 4:45, started work at 5:45 training a new guy at the job site, sweating my buns off sweeping and mopping.  they keep that place toasty is all i'm saying.  j9 doesn't work on thursdays and nunu is still in china so it was just me and jimmy.  we made a delish pasta with chorizo.  i roasted tomatoes and garlic and then pureed them.  jimmy did the rest.  members were scarce in the kitchen until late in the game a new member came for orientation and i got her to grate some parm for the pasta.  meanwhile there is all this manager stuff that i feel compelled to get done, but which i have little time to get done because i can't leave jimmy alone in the kitchen.  on top of that i'm presenting at the conference in norway and i have to get going on that, on top of that we are preparing for a new menu in october, and i have to get all of that stuff prepped and ready and just totally taken care of before i leave, and on top of that it is our week to do the bathrooms and we haven't done it all week, and on top of that it's our week to host meetings and thursdays are decision making meetings and if there is no decisions up on the board the hosting unit will bring a standard to the group to discuss.  there was no topic on the board.  let me tell you i had nothing in me to facilitate a discussion on a standard.  i was hoping everyone would forget.  but no they didn't. they all showed up.  and i was hiding in the office.  barb helped me out.  she was trying to help me figure out what to talk about while i was rocking myself and crying.  not real crying, but woe is me crying.  then i remembered that we had talked about this topic about signs a couple of weeks ago and we were supposed to revisit it, so i brought it to the meeting again and it just took off and all was fine except i may have occasionally been a tad snippy as a moderator, not letting anyone get off topic and grinding my teeth when one of the off topics was about kitchen gloves.  oh and i forgot to say that just at early lunch when we feed all the lunch time helpers and then feed ourselves, a huge group from a non accredited clubhouse came in and landed at the kitchen and all were helping at lunch and all placing their orders and all was confusion and we were not able to sit down and eat until ten to 12.  then at lunch we ran out of EVERYTHING. almost all the special, almost all the entrees, and many of the sides.  meanwhile my feet.  my feet.  my feet did not bear out the day well.  i put them in socks and runners, hoping to help them out.  my feet were in such pains and agonies.  my right foot, the bad one from last year, felt like if i moved it or stretched it all the bones would combust apart.  burning, aching all over indescribable pain of the foot.  just touching the ground was hurty.  i sat in the rolly chair as i was writing the morning meeting or working on shopping lists and to move the chair without touching my feet to the ground i used juts of my hip to roll the chair.  then in the last half hour of the day i cleaned the washrooms, closed the snack bar, did the last of the dishes, cleaned out the dishwasher and set the ovens for some deep cleans.  it's been a truly exhausting week.  truly truly.  i thank God for giving me the strength to endure.  dave deil and i had a date for vietnamese food.  he came to the clubhouse just before closing to meet up.  i got him to put some dishes away and fill up the water jugs for me as i was doing the other things.  he told me the restaurant was just around the corner and we could just walk there.  my heart cried a little at those words.  but i trudged along with him.  it was raining hard but that didn't bother me.  first we went into the wrong place.  when we walked in dave thought it looked too fancy.  "is this chinese food?" he asked.  lol.  "what kind of food are you looking for? asked the young waiter.  "vietnamese" we answered.  "next door." he said.  so we went 2 doors down and sure enough it was vietnamese.  the floor was very greasy and with our wet shoes we slide down the aisle to our table.  we had some yummy vermacelli bowls and talked.  and then soon we were sliding our way back out the door and into the pouring rain.  dave offered me his umbrella.  "it's ok. i don't need it." i said.  dave said something about me being tough.  and i thought  ya, i am tough.  not because of the rain though.  at that point i just did not care about something like rain or getting wet.  once i got home, i set up on the couch with my feet resting high and read and watched videos about bariatric surgery (jn between closing my eyes and dozing).  dave had it done some years ago and he was advocating for it.  i got up and tottered off to bed around 9.  i stopped to pee and the sight of my hair made me laugh out loud.  thanks to my rain 'toughness' it had dried all scrunched up and curly in the back like a wild jungle.  i think my prayer last night was mostly a plea to rest well and heal well in my sleep and thanks for helping to survive. 
















Comments

Jeannie said…
And who is Dave deil???
Laura said…
he's an old coworker who is now a member(clubhouse not church). just a friend of mine.