giveth light unto all that are in the house

 this morning i woke up at 6 on purpose.  i spent some more time on my young women's lesson while curled up in my bed in the dark.  i didn't leave myself a lot of time to get ready for church, but i left enough time.  when i hiked open my blinds sometime just before 8am i could see the beginnings of the sunrise through the condensation on my windah. they say windah in new brunswick. 

when i walked out to my car  with 5 minutes to get to ward council the glory of the sunrise was evident east and west and all over.  i gave the skies approving nods and suggestive winks as i climbed into sahib and proceeded to drive towards the church with a cloudy windah.  i had to pull over once for the basic reason that i could not see.  after a second i could and so verily i continued. 

today was our ward's first experience of 2 hour church.  i don't feel like i had the full effect of it because i had ward council at 8, but it was nice that ward council was at 8 and not 7:15.  i'm not going to lie about that.  i'm not going to hide that under a bushel.  i'm going to put it on a candlestick.  in ward council the bishopric confirmed that i was losing one of my young women's rooms.  in my heart of heart i felt like this was unnecessary but i was compliant.  and after the meeting i moved our piano and wall hangings to the last 2 rooms.  and we had young womens in those last 2 names and we did not complain.  but no on used that 1st room.  so i after i asked the bishop about it and he said something about 2 classes that are sunday school classes so they didn't apply and then he said to just use that room for now... so basically i think they are just figuring things out with all the changes.  but i'm glad we get our room back.  because it's the one that can have all our things on the wall and make it look nicer and special if you dig me, and i know you have a shovel in hand, if you catch my falling star and i know you do.  you catch my falling star.

my lesson was on being a ministering sister.  on the one hand i have a lot to learn myself in this topic.  on the other hand ministering is just loving as jesus loves us--so easy peasy!  just kidding. if being like \jesus was easy then the world would be full of jesus jnrs.  it's not easy but it is simple.  it can be. and it is not required that we are perfect.  it is required that we have faith, we try, and God can take that and use that.  he can make our feeble efforts into mighty works.  i have faith in that.  it's God's plan.  we are his children and he can nurture us perfectly despite imperfect efforts.  catch that falling star ladies.

this day has been a day of appreciating the light.  my home is full of different kinds of light throughout the day.  izzy likes to find the sunspots and do some sun worshiping.  those sun spots really are warmer spots.

 the rest of my house was c-c-c-c-c-cold.  so i brewed myself a cuppa hot chocolate.  it was so cold that my cuppa created quite the steam trails.  here it is in black and white.  tanya gave me this mug for christmas.
 i was sitting here on my love seat editing the above photos and i kept finding myself staring up at my green onions sitting in the sunlight and appreciating the beauty of this simple scene.  sometimes i noticed the variation of light and dark green.
 at other times i found myself deep into the roots and how they looked magnified by the water and light in the glass jar.

 c.lion gave me this tender succulent during girl's camp.  she was my secret sister.  i like how it's still alive.  i also enjoy the tiny tender shoot coming up.  tender. 
i had stake choir practice.  we are locked in to stake choir until june.  to tell you the truth i don't mind.  i like stake choir.  what i don't like is bruising my hips when i try to maneuver my bountiful hips between the two viscous and narrow arm rests on the seats on the stand.  jordan skipped choir practice. he always skips.  in our stake choir the tenors are all virtuosos and the bass are normal mortals like the rest of us. 

i wore my mukluks to stake choir and it was quite cozy.  evelyn and i always have good chats going to and from. she always picks me up. 

yesterday in the morning i had stake auxillary training at the stake centre.  it was in the morning and started with a breakfast.  my favourite thing was a cheesey egg casserole that also had hashbrowns in it and a hot chocolate bar.  i never saw so many different hot chocolate choices. there were different flavours, rolo, mint etc, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, bowls of mini marshmellows, caramel sauce, hazelnut flavour, orange chocolate rock salt...whipping creams...i was like yes, yep, mmhmm, ok, yep, you too, get in my cup! 

the young womens leaders met on the stage.  i liked our training.  it's nice to hear what other leaders do, their inspirations, and issues.  we were done before noon which was also nice.  i dropped yumi off and then bought a few groceries. 

heather invited me over.  she made me shake n bake chicken, yams, stuffing, carrots and cranberry sauce.  i brought half a lemon pie, some chips and ice cream and we talked and we chatted and we ate and we watched the second harry potter.  it was fun.

heather's bathroom is so small that when you bend down to pull down your pants and sit on the loo, your are pushing your face into her hanging towel.

heather's suite is full of cozy spots for her cat sam.  sam's cozy places are plenteous and sometimes he takes over one of heather's cozy places.  heather is known to give up a sweater for the comfort of her cats.  soft hearted h. 

and now it's time for bed and my weekend is already over.  too fast. 

ps. izzy's test results were inconclusive and now they offer to just take it off and do her dental same time which will cost anywhere between 900 and 1800.  hahahahahahaha...gulp.


Comments