a dullard day transformed


yesterday i was having a ho-hum dullard day. i had a shower, and blow dried my hair into a great poof.  i made myself a toasted tomato and chorizo sandwich.  i read some verses in the book of mormon.  i had forgotten my phone at work friday night.  i had stayed late as it was and had no will to go back and get it, so i had the weird experience of being phoneless for almost 24 hours.  it is weird.  i felt more isolated.  how did one ever live without a smart phone at one's fingertips always? after 3 i went to work to get my phone.  then instead of driving home i drove to the dike.  i was reluctant to get out of sahib because i was chilled and had the heat blasting.  of course i went out in yoga pants and short sleeved hoodie.  but the sun had just set and birds were wheeling about on the blustery wind currents and after taking some clicks through the windshield i had to get out. 

this couple was walking their fluffy white dog.
 a lonely bench facing the twilight view.

 in the other direction the full moon was peeking in and out of the clouds.
 the cold was biting my arms and ankles but i was starting to enjoy myself. i began walking and seeing beautiful things everywhere.  i suddenly didn't mind the cold.  i felt alive.

capturing the sky in puddles is a thing i like to do.



 as it got darker and darker...
there was a cacophony of bird sounds all around as the birds settled in for the night, including the occasional quaaaack of a duck.  like these ducks.  amy ate a duck. 



 can you see the heron? he was stalking the long grasses and i was stalking him.



 my old favourite tree on the dike.  i see you. 






 more puddle reflections.

 then i got to the point where all was vast and dark.  so i turned around and went back.
 a final good bye to my fave tree and the dramatic sky

when i got back to the car i couldn't feel my face or arms but i was so happy. i need to do more photo wanderings. there is something about wandering in the night that is fun.

i decided not to go home yet but drove to t & t market.  i wandered about in the crowds and picked up different yummy things at random and a couple of face masks.   the face mask section is amazing.  so many weird and wonderful variations.  i got a rubber mask called 'moist lover'. and some eye patches for dark circles.  when i got home i had fun doing instagram stories of me eating my new treasures.   completely ridiculous, shoving pastries into my face and munching, gulping and smacking... i never had so many comments on my ig stories!  fatima said it was disturbing.  moninder said my dainty bites were cutsie.  poof diddy asked which was my favourite treat (the mango ice mochi).  kyrstal was totally into it.  i think it made her miss vancouver.  lisa said next time she wants to go with me to t & t. haha.  just flying my weird flag guys.  and a dullard day was transformed.


Comments