sundee night

well i'm all cozily ensconced in my bed, rolled up, on my stomach, in my duvet with my pillow stuffed under my chin and my laptop resting on the headboard and the glow of the oregon glass fish lamp lending me light.

it's been a good sunday.  i had a rude awakening at 5:45am, had a shower, got ready, which with bucky the boot meant putting it on 3 times in the getting ready process. ward council was at 7:30.  i got there at 7:35 and they hadn't started yet.  i was asked to say the closing prayer.  i was all well it's not on the agenda, but i guess i will.  :)  today was my day for prayers.  i said the opening prayer in sunday school and the closing prayer in choir.  some days are just your day.  today was the primary presentation, which as always is awesome.  little kids teaching the gospel and bearing testimony?  that's good stuff.  i cried a couple of times and laughed many times.   if i'm being honest, i spent most of sunday school just stifling yawns and trying to stay awake.  young women's was really good.  it was about finding solutions to our problems and we read a lot of good scriptures and studied a great talk by president uchtdorff about spiritual wellness.  it was reallllly good.  i shared my story about the book of mornon falling on the side of my bed.  after that was ward choir.  we're singing the first noel and o little town of bethlehem hymplicity style.  after that i came home and had some grilled cheese sandwiches on cranberry multi grain bread--let me satisfy your curiosity, it was yum. then came a delightful almost 2 hour nap and then on to stake choir.  i almost dropped stake choir because i only went to one practice but evelyn talked me into it.  i'm glad because i was feeling kind of sad that i wouldn't be doing it this year.  we are singing one number with  a lutheran choir which is cool.  another song involves clapping and i need to get used to that.  jane gave me some popcorn from their yw in excellence which was previous.  then after choir isaiah gave me more.  i saw tracy and she said she had been there since 11am.  ugh.  she looked tired.  jordan was off being unlegit...

yesterday i did the head shots of the physiotherapists.  it's president wolsey's company.  sungod physio.  the wolsey's bought my photo shoot a couple of years ago from the youth fundraiser and hadn't used it yet.  so annnnywaaay.  i asked my friend davidlin to fashion a soft box for me and he did a rad job.  i went to work to pick it up and then i went to rona to buy an led light to go inside.  the box is made from cardboard with tinfoil inside and i had a lamp socket cord thing from the light amy gave me for christmas one year.  and david made it so it can fit on a tripod so yeah!  come saturday night i drove out to the tsawwassen springs which is a golf club and where the tsawwassen office of sungod is located and i set up a little studio in one of the examination rooms.  caro-LION helped me by holding a reflector under people's faces (we found a poster about knees that was white on the back side and used that because i forgot my actual reflector).  i practiced on christine and pres. wolsey first and then when all of the people started arriving for their christmas party they were sent in a couple at at a time for photos.  we had an x on the ground made with medical tape for people to stand on. i hope they turned out. they looked pretty good to me on the play back.  actually they were a pretty good looking group.  weirdly i met they guy who is going to help me with my foot.  i have an appointment on tuesday.  he was wearing a bow tie.  he said he won't wear it on tuesday.  i was disappointed.  it was kind of funny wearing the boot around all those physiotherapists.  there were some questions.  then i had to do a 'candid' group shot or 3 all of which are going to be terrible because they were in horrid lighting situations, but christine assured me that it didn't matter.  i could have stayed and had dinner, but i was so unglam and they were all beautiful glam people.  plus i had some errands to do so i left.

after i got home i continued going through these old photos from 2009 and 2010.  i even have so many from those years of undone photos.  like seriously.  i could have a fulltime job just editing and distributing my own photos.  i found some real gems, like 2 really cute ones of patty hartford from tanis' wedding.  i edited those and sent them to the hartford kids.  so that is what i was doing and why i stayed up so late.

i'm glad i was given the last minute opportunity to do the sungod head shots.  it was good to have a purpose yesterday and it got me a softbox out of the deal!  now i can do better inhouse studio shots of people...if i want to...or if they want to.  and if i ever figure out my other lights which were given to me i might be able to have a full studio set up.  new things can be cool things.

4 weeks until christmas.  just saying.

i'm thinking of getting a curly bob.

Comments

katie said…
I’m glad the photo shoot went well. I’m not ready for Christmas this year. 4 weeks is WAY too soon!!!