good things


 well i stayed up all sunday night until 4am finishing my family reunion project.  i hope it turns out.  that's in God's hands now.  his, and the blurbarati.  it should come as a surprise to no one that i fell asleep shortly after arriving home from work yesterday.  approximately 4:30pm.  and i didn't wake up until 1am.  and i've been awake since.

for a couple of hours after i woke up i was on my laptop and my phone, whiling away my time on the world wide web.  around 3 i began searching for something to watch on netflix but i realized, because my heart told me so, i didn't want to watch anything.  and i didn't want to be on the world wide web.  so i shut my laptop and the moment i did, i noticed the silver light of the summer solstice full moon shining in on me from my window.  and i thought, how often do i miss such beautiful moments like this because i have my eyes glued to the artificial light of a laptop or phone or something.  and then i thought God blesses the world constantly with beautiful moments like this and it is rare that i take the time to feel the goodness of it.  he's just so giving like that--giving selflessly whether we notice or not.

so anyways, i wrote in my journal a while.  i've been thinking lately that i need to take more time for reflection, meditation and writing.  quiet moments for scripture study too, instead of listening to talks and scriptures while i'm always on the go.  i need to stop and have still moments.  my life has been lacking that lately and i know it's something i need.  i had a good journal time and then i sat and kind of just read back on old entries. i started this journal in 2010  and it has mostly been a place where i have counted my blessings--wrote down spiritual moments and when i notice God's hand in my life.  So it was an uplifting read, to see all these small and big moments in the past 6 years that  God has been good to me.  well of course there have been more times obviously, i just said that his blessings are constant, but these were ones i recognized and wrote about.

i came across a cute little entry written march 23, 2012.  i'm a gonna share it with you now.

I want to remember all the good things people say to me.  Today I spent time with Daman and Fatima.  Fatima and I were laying in their big bed talking and Daman was sleeping beside her.  As I was leaving to go and Fatima to come with me to let me out, Daman came out of the bathroom (pee break) and out of the blue he said my hair was wildly curly like out of a children's book or something.  This mad me and Fatima laugh about a book she had given me called 'Fanny B. Cranny There's a Bird in your Hair'. "No but it's really beautiful, actually." said DAman looking at me sweetly with his sleepy eyes.  Thanks Daman.  You never know who will tell you the good stuff.  The trick is to hear it,  listen to it and remember it.  I had just been giving my hair a critical once over minutes before and left feeling unsatisfied but resigned.  Daman saw it differently. 

sweet hey?  i never would have remembered that if i didn't write about it.  here's a pic of me and fats from one such big bed session.

this is an unedited pic i took of daman a couple of christmases ago.  my buddah gave me a good bud-in-law.  :)



i leave you with two photos from my disposable water cameras.  i found them when i was looking for the budcouple's photos.   the first is taken in 2009 when edith, claudine and i went camping in tofino.  eeds is in the background.  i like this pic because this is my face when i am full of the enjoyment of life.



and this one is the end of the film so sloan got cut out.  still i enjoy it very much.  it seems so retro.  it was taken at kal lake.



and this one is me and lisa...and sai at work.  miss her.


Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
Love looking at the pics you took. It's fun looking back. Sometimes i read back a few entries in my journal too. Your artificial light comment hit home for me. For me the beauty i miss is my children when i am glued to a screen. *sigh* it is hard.
Beth-a-knee said…
Love looking at the pics you took. It's fun looking back. Sometimes i read back a few entries in my journal too. Your artificial light comment hit home for me. For me the beauty i miss is my children when i am glued to a screen. *sigh* it is hard.