hot dawgs

so exhausted.  this week has been a killer.  my left heel has a deep and painful crack.  it hoits.  both my feet are swollen and tender and hot.  today after lunch we made 4 different specialty burgers,one with crispy onions, one with candied bacon, one with peanut butter and bacon, and one with pineapple and crushed potato chips, 2 kinds of potato salad, some gazpacho, and a caprese panini. oh and some sesame chicken and rice. then everyone came and feasted.  then everyone left.  and hobbled about on my broken martyr feet and cleaned up.  i have one more day to get everything ready.  i just have to survive the getting ready week, and then the first week of the new menu and then it's my birthday and i get some time off.

save me!

i think this will be a good new menu.  but maybe too much work.  it's just that i want things to be special, you know?

my feet don't feel special.  they feel used and abused.  i heard them plotting my demise, but they don't know that i heard them.

so yesterday i got home from an equally demanding and exhausting day, and remembered it was my wedding day.  just kidding.  it's not the millennium, so why would it be my wedding day.  i actually remembered i had to bake something for young women's book club.  no, no, no, please don't stand on us begged my hot swollen feet.  so i gave them an hour break.  then i got up and whipped together a whacky cake.  i had all the ingredients and it's a quickie-tomicki.  as i was mixing together the batter i smelled something strong and savory.  must be from the oven, i thought.  but then i tasted the batter--there was definite garlic flavour.  garlic and chocolate.  i thought that i must be crazy.  was i sharon gorner?  no.  i do not make garlic cheese cakes! but apparently i make garlic chocolate whacky cake.  i baked it anyways.  while it was baking i discovered that i used garlic olive oil.  let's just say i left it in the oven and brought some tea and hot chocolate and ginger drinks.

today i brought the garlic chocolate cake to work and made different people try it.

today i was a little bit of a rage queen but i hid it well.  i had to take little breaks to keep myself from throwing down over differing opinions on if the gazpacho should be spicy or not.  it shouldn't ok.

maybe a piece of sourdough bread will make me feel better...

ps i fell asleep after work and i dreamed that i was engaged to a guy i never met.  he had been engaged to my sister, which one, i don't know, but for some reason it didn't work out with her, so he agreed to marry me.  it was almost like an arranged marriage.  so we met for the first time, but he would always sit really far from me, or stand on the other side of the field or whatever when we were talking.  and i was always trying to get him to come closer.  i mean if we were going to get married, we needed to at least be comfortable in the same space, right?  then we were walking in a field and he gave me, i guess an engagement gift.  ok....lol.  it was a metal bonnet and he pointed out the inscription "laura wilder" and that's when i realized his last name was wilder and that he knew how much i used to love little house on the prarie.  and it made me cry!  lol, i find this part of my dream so funny.  so then i was trying to find out some details about our furture life together.  he told me already that he had loads of money, that's why he could afford the expensive metal bonnet... and he said we would be living up north in this tiny town called zeke.  i had to make him say it 4 times before i understood, because he was mumbling and he was sitting on some sort of wooden garden swing, far from me again.  and then i realized that i had been to this tiny town before.  so then mr. wilder my arranged fiance, started to talk about my sister and cry and then i was having dinner with mom and dad and they didn't approve of him because of the sister thing.  weird hey?


Comments

lol. at least he has loads of money so you can have all the metal bonnets you want!

time to nourish your lil tootsies. give em a soak and rub and a file, uh?
amyleigh said…
hahaha. I wish I had dreams like that. Metal bonnet engraved with Laura Wilder indeed!

Happy birthday sis. I wish I could partake with you and have road trip good times.

fub and I also have experience in the garlic cake category. Our birthday when Owen was born. We got Ben to make us a very special cake, and were to eat it in the hospital after the birth of said Owen...but the strongest taste was garlic. I believe it was some utensil we'd used in the making of it that had also been used for garlic. that's all it took