doing my laundry february 28, 2015

 "...all honest work is the work of God. In the words of Thomas Carlyle: “All true Work is sacred; in all true Work, were it but true hand-labour, there is something of divineness. Labour, wide as the Earth, has its summit in Heaven.”"--D. Todd Christofferson

i like to remind myself of that.  even if work may seem meaningless it isn't.  and i have a lot of work to do all the time.  sometimes i try to hide from it.  but it's always there waiting for me.  and when i do it, i feel better.  peaceful.

elder christofferson also said this:
“The man who so walks in the light and wisdom and power of God, will at the last, by the very force of association, make the light and wisdom and power of God his own—weaving those bright rays into a chain divine, linking himself forever to God and God to him. 
i like it.  i have hope in it.  i pray for it.


Comments

amyleigh said…
I absolutely love those quotes. "labour, as wide as the Earth, has its summit in Heaven." - Amen!! I also like to remind myself of that, especially with my own job. It keeps me satisfied and feeling fulfilled. There is honest fulfillment in honest work. This Elder Christofferson - who I remember - seems to be very wise.