small kindnesses

yesterday i was feeling quite sad about something and a little bit lost.  but i had this appointment at the roeder's for dinner.  so i wiped my tears and put on my mocs and walked over to their house.  i had such a nice time.  i'm sure i over stayed.  i got there at six and it was almost ten when i left.  but the roeders are so kind and gracious to me.  we talked and talked and talked about families, books, jane austen, mental illness, conflict, my work, blah blah blah blah.  i don't know how i become a person that never stops talking when i'm with them.  but i definately feel it's a kindness from them.  and i went to bed last night feeling much better than when i left my home.  thank you God for small kindesses that mean big things.

Comments

amyleigh said…
that makes me happy. small kindnesses make the world a brighter place