i've developed this habit over the 12 years of blogging--as i'm doing something, could be anything, i compose a post about it in my head.  it's a weiwd meta-thinking thing.  like i'm my own narrator in the every day moments of my life.  i was doing it today.  i caught myself narrating as i was getting ready to catch the ferry and buying an almond roca screamer (that's a thing?? yes!! it is in fact a thing!) and enjoying the gorgeous free from work day.

yeah--i took a day off.  i had enough overtime for an extra day off and i made sure my staff would be ok and i just up and took a day off. the minute i made the decision i felt light and free, sunny and airy, birt tweety, jig in my step, cheesey cheerful.  i wanted to laugh like a maniac in the faces of the people around me while chirping "i took a day off!!".  ...ok maybe i did do that once or twice.  the decision may have opened the flood of cabin fever that had been surging and boiling and bucking against the inner dam of my heart for some time.

speaking of work i painted our office turquoise and a lighter shade of turquoise.  i threw out all the desks.  i had this vision of no clutter or junk and a single round table.  this round table became a thorn in my side.  i could. not. find. one!  i went to ikea, i went to staples, i went to kitchen supply stores, called places searched and searched and searched online.  (is this boring you? i know table searches aren't sexy.  but real life isn't all about sultry moments.  sometimes it's round table searches. k?) i found one in ladysmith...then just when i was about to give up i found a free one at dave's church just down the road from me.  whaaa? synchronicity.  ok so it's legs are children size.  it's a perfect size and i can switch the legs and i can paint it white because toiq and white equals the caribbean and that's obviously the statement a kitchen office in a mental health facility needs to make. to prove it to myself and others i will make jerk chicken.

hey because i got the table for freedomfree, i get money to spend on shelves.  i kea, here we come!

so i'm at kimme's right now and i just have to say this bed she put me in is like a cloud.  it's heaven.  i may have to stay here forever.

Comments

Katie said…
Lol. I have to say i was disappointed this blog wasn't more sexy. And I know what you mean abut the bed at Kimme's
amyleigh said…
I can imagine table searching being rife with sultry moments. - Laura paused in front of a table and let her fingers glide along it's polished surface - for example.
katie said…
haha. that is a sultry moment amy?
Beth-a-knee said…
i agree with 'fub. you can't have a table search WITHOUT sultry moments.

I LOVE your vision for the office.