heavy

i don't need to be rich.  i just want linen sheets.  i need new sheets and i feel like if i can't have linen sheets i don't want any sheets.  it's like how i wanted a special toaster or no toaster, and well to this day i don't have a toaster.  so for the sake of my mattress i need to find affordable awesome linen sheets, to buy or to make or whatever.  i think grey linen sheets would be gorge...or pale pink...  gosh.

so it's my first day off and i'm waltzing around my place with bed-head, old t-shirt, and knee high socks.  i know how to rock a day off.  i made a yummy omelette for breakfast.   it lingers in the air still.  it had a squirt of cranberry dijon, some scattered chunks of creamy havarti, plops of canned cherry tomatoes from my neighbour's bumper crop, and wisps of real parmesean.  it was delightful and i congratulated myself fully as i snarfed it down.

archie is here beside me gently nosing my hand as i type and purring in hopes that his furry, silky, plump, fat headed ways will earn him an early lunch.  his golden eye searches my face unblinkingly.  his whiskers tickle my wrist.  his persuasions are more powerful than you would expect.  i reach down and we exchange headbutts because that's how you say i love you in the cat world...that and early lunch feedings, adds archie, brushing my arm with his softness.  oh you master manipulator.

i'm discovering new music today.  it's my day 1 priority. one of my discoveries is london grammar.  i like them.

ok, i was actually making my bed when the heaviness of the linen sheets problem became too much for me to shoulder alone.  now that i've unburdened it, i can go back to clothing my nude duvet.

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
how expensive can linen sheets be? why not splurge and get some?i support the pale pink.
Laura said…
only 200.00 and some odd dollars...
amyleigh said…
ooh, linen sheets! I feel ya. would be such a luxury. It would make getting into bed kind of exciting.

I know all about the soft furry wiles of orange felines.

Is it…the cranberry dijon that you and I picked out? I want an omelette!