there's a weird bug that keeps visiting my room. it's big.  it flies.  it's slow.  i don't know what it is.  i caught it once and brought it outside, down the stairs and over to the fence that borders the park.  it flew out of my empty humus container and straight back towards my window.  last night i saw it on the inside again.  it haunts me.

i know the .5 of you who read this blog are really really super duper itching for an update about my hair.  well if i know one thing, it's to take the needs of my .5 readership to heart.  so the truth is my hair is in a terrible state.  it's dry and ratty and frizzy and rarely looks good.  i wouldn't care except i'm vain.  sarah and i always talking about turning my hair into a lion's mane.  well right now i'm scar and i want to be mufasa.  (at first i wrote mustafa... and i was like that sounds too middle eastern for the lion king...wait it is.)

i just had a typical sunday meal.  it's a meal i call 'mushy rice'.  and what i do is make rice in the rice cooker, and then i add stuff.  whatever stuff i have.  today, for example, i threw in a can of tuna, some goat cheese (why do they put it in a tube? it's so annoying and user unfriendly), some pesto mayo left over from the reunion, a diced tomato, some hot sauce and some rice vinegar.  then i eat it straight from the rice cooker bowl because i'm creative but uncivilized.

i told mom that i wanted a small desk to set up a little office nook for myself.  i told her to keep an eye out for one in all her garage sale-ing and thrift store rummaging.  and so i inherited renee's desk.  it's wood and cute and little and exactly right.  i might paint it turquoise or i might do something else to it.  and i want to get rid of my couch.  yes you heard me.  get it outta here.  instead i want 2 chairs, one of which will be a dish chair.  it's time to get this room together.  i wish i had someone to collaborate with.  it's the kind of thing my creativity is craving.  creative collaboration.   also organization.  but i struggle a lot to tackle any of it by myself.  i've succeeded so far to do my laundry and do the dishes and sweep the floor. i.need.help. s.os. mayday.

tomorrow i have an interview for the position of manager in the food services unit at my job.  i have mixed emotions about it.  i feel nervous, because even though i have been kind of doing the job for a couple of months, maybe i'll interview badly.  but i feel like it's just already my job, but i don't take it for granted that i'll get it, i just feel an ownership to it, if that makes any sense. and i miss lisa and feel guilty about applying for her job.  lisa= a lot of work joy and fun and craziness.  a couple of weeks ago i did a small photo shoot of her and her son matt.
i made them stand in the middle of the road because that's my m.o. i enjoy putting my subjects in danger.

today i saw mei lin for the first time since around the time i got back from egggjjjypt.  we hugged like long lost sisters.  i missed her.  i love her.  she gave me a cool book mark with chinese writing on it.  i asked what it said and she said she will need time to think about how to explain it to me.  so i gave her the packaging to study.  she also gave me a pretty magnet that is of a famous painting of mountains that was burned around the edges (the painting was burnt not the magnet)

anyways archie is camoflauging with this desk.  he's chameleoning. he sleeps in invis-a-mode.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm slightly disturbed by the description of your lunch. :)

H
Beth-a-knee said…
your lunch sounds yummy to me. I am disturbed by big slow bug though. You need to take it for a ride in the car, somewhere far far away.

I would LOVE to collaborate with you on decor. I love doing things like that. Sad I live so far away.