charming sharm

hi, it's been a while and now i'm not in that fascinating, bustling, living, crazy, city cairo anymore.  i'm in sharm el sheikh, but we just call it sharm.  it's in the south sinai area.  yah, sinai as in mount sinai as in moses and the red sea.  speaking of the red sea, it is gorgeous.  i snorkeled in it yesterday.  the corals were sooooo amazing i cannot even say the joy it brought me to explore them.  bashir's brother ahmed lives here and he is always hooking us up with fun and amazing things to do.  yesterday's snorkeling was at nabq protectorate, a place tourists just don't usually go, and it was so beautiful and amazing.  amazing is the word of the day.  maybe of the 2 weeks.  we had this little tent/hut with palm roof and carpet and cushions facing the sea where we ate and lounged and ahmed and his friends fished and bashir and i found all these amazing shells.  there were layers upon layers of mountains glowing with the setting sun behind us.  perfect day, i said to bashir.

oh and what would a perfect day be without me hurting myself?  ha ha, yes. yes.  i did.  there is a loooong looong shallow part you have to walk through to get the edge where the corals are, and there is stone and sharp thingies, well on the way back bashir was soooo cold and we were in really warm water so i said we should just sit in the warm water for a minute.  and we did.  and then we started rough housing, and i kept feeling like something was stinging me, but i felt like maybe it was just the salt in my mosquito bites....but no.  something did sting me all up my arm and on my other elbow.  it burned.  i showed bashir, "it's ok baby", he said.  pfff.  later i was told to put vinegar on it, so i did.  then i did a dumb thing and put on the scrape on my knee, that was scraped by the corals.  owwwwwww.  then i poured water on my knee.  ahhhhh.

anyways i have lots of beautiful pics that i want to share but it takes too much time right now and i wanted to update, so you'll have to wait for pics.  love you all.

egypt lover

Comments

amyleigh said…
I had no idea Egypt was such a wealth of amazingness. that place you went snorkelling sounds like the most amazing of all!! can't wait for pics!!!!!!!
Andrea said…
You should read the book by Juliette de Bairacli Levy called "Summer in Galilea". What an amazing adventure you're having!
Anonymous said…
hahahahaha! It just wouldn't be a Laura adventure without at least one incident. Glad you're ok. Sounds like a beautiful place. Can't wait to see the pics.

h
Katie said…
Of course you it hurt. I'm surprised it took you so long.
Beth-a-knee said…
I want to see pics of that place! You are making me lust for Egypt. I too had no idea it was so amazing there!