an impromptu visit to alex(andria)

me and the citidel

we drove through the night to alex and got there in the early morning.  the driving in egypt is craaaaazy.  more on that later.  let's just also say that bashir likes to sleep and drive so i was on constant vigil for a while.  had so much fun exploring the citidel and took a bilion pics.   also got a boat ride in the mediterranean sea which was lovely. also had fakhfakina which is glorified and delicious fruit salad, sobia, which is coconut and milk drink--YUM. and a tamarind drink--woah.  bashir's cousin made us mulukhiyah a soup i wanted to try.  it's made out of jute leaves, lemon and garlic and you eat it with rice and arabic bread.  YUM.  i'm so tired and hot and i need to sleep.  later!

Comments

Katie said…
Well I'm hungry now...
Anonymous said…
Sounds as exciting as you thought it would be. I'm impressed by the running log----did you hug a canary yet?

love
Mudsy
amyleigh said…
the food sounds so exotic and exciting!! and can I say that Egypt looks good on you.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT A BOAT RIDE ON THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA.
Beth-a-knee said…
I'm always so jealous when ppl visit foreign countries and get to try the exotic foods. so glad you are not a wimp and willingly try it all. but of course you do. you taught me in the way of laura and that is the way.