i'm laying on my back in bed with a warm, purring lump of izzy on my stomach.  her purring vibrations and ball of soft heat are comforting.  how come cats seem to know when to cuddle with you?

sometimes when i don't get enough sleep i cry a lot.  that's the thing.  without sleep problems seem insurmountable--hopeless.  i feel lost and so incapable.  today at church my chin actually quivered as tears rolled down my face.  i just wish someone wise would talk to me and help me see.  i wish someone faithful and fearless would inspire and bolster me.  at home i was praying...and truth be told crying, when i stopped for a phone call.  karey asked me if i had a cold.  "no," i said, "i was just crying."  everything is so much more dramatic when one has not slept much.

the roeder dream team came over too.  home and visiting teachers in one.  then karey and i talked more and it was nice.  having friends is nice.

you know what else is nice?  my collection of 'tenders' written to me from people who love me.  i'm going to go read them right now.  then i'm going to sleep.  and i'm going to sleep hard.

Comments

amyleigh said…
lack of sleep makes one crazy!! hope ya slept suitably hard
Beth-a-knee said…
I know what you mean. Lack of sleep is the worst. It takes away all my self-control, patience, and ability to reason! Well, good portions of it anyways. You go get some sleep, labee!