perhaps you may like to do my dishes??

apparently my blood's no good right now. i got no takers.  i have to wait until a year after my blessed roatan day to be blood worthy again.  i got sent home from the blood bank by a friendly young male nurse who applogized and had a super cool mustache that curled up in the ends. i wanted to ask him about it, but didn't.  he said i could have a cookie and juice but i didn't need his charity.

i had a strange situation at work today.  i stayed after most people had left because i had some time to spare before the curly mustachioed nurse could reject me in a completely friendly manner. anyways we had had a great and important meeting led by the executive director of rass (richmond addiction blah blah blah) all about our policies and procedures when it comes to members who come to the clubhouse intoxicated.  he had some great things to say.  he brought up some great points which started some good discussions.  but later, in the after hours, in connection with topics brought up in the meeting, i basically had a hard but good convo with someone about something that was hard to say and maybe hard to hear.  i felt like i had no business counselling this person, but here i was doing it.  i think it was all positive.  i hope so.

i'm sososososo sleepy and i can't shake it.  my eyelids need toothpick props to stay open and my eyeballs need door stop type wedges to keep them from rolling back in my head.

once in a while, i turn my oven on, leave the door open and heat up my house for a while that way.  i try not to do it longer than i would cook something if i actually ever cooked.  that's my course of action.  and i do not regret it.



Comments

amyleigh said…
I just have to say: I've also done that with my oven in times of need.

and you are the best counsellor, I can say from experience. I'm sure it was positive, whatever it was.

that imagery about the door stop wedges and toothpicks made me want to cartoon it….
Beth-a-knee said…
and why should you regret it? It is something Anne of green gables would do,and therefore unreprehensible.