last night was hot and stuffy.  i had to get out.  the sun was just setting and i decided to go for a walk.  last minute i grabbed my camera.  i haven't been taking that many clicks these days.  i had a vague idea of where i wanted to go so i began to wander in that direction.  sometimes when i am out and about outside i like to focus my attention on my senses. visual things like the way the fading golden light hits a white chimney or enjoy the deepening blue sky rimmed with orange.  sounds like floating voices of people in the park chatting or calling to their kids or the flippity flop of my fip flops on the asphalt, or the various chirps of birds and frogs etc.  sometimes i walk right into a waft of sweet flower nectar.  i think about it, what kind of smell it is--the notes if you will.  it's a meditation.  i don't do it on purpose. it's just what i do.  anyways i headed to this park i've seen in my travels.  it's just a little neighbourhood park lined with trees, a basketball court, play ground, green field with soccer posts, and a baseball corner.  it was mostly dark when i got there and i explored and started taking experimental clicks.  it's been a long time since i wandered about my neighbourhood in the dark taking clicks.

there was a fullish moon rising.  as i lay in the grass to take it's picture and i put my head down to squint into the view finder the world spun.  i just waited it out and pressed the shutter button.

some guys started playing basketball in the dark near by.  i wondered what they thought of my clicking antics but i didn't give them much thought.  it was nice to have people near by actually.  after a while i realized that my phone wasn't in my pocket anymore.  i felt around like a blind person for a while but i couldn't find it.  so i walked home and found my bike light that i've never used, some batteries and went back.  sure enough it was under a big oak that i had been laying under.  as i passed over the bridge that spans the watery ditch i heard strange sounds.  it sounded like ducks snoring in different tones, high, low, nasal... but i couldn't see any ducks.  they could have been in the long grasses i guess.

back at home i fell asleep like i had been drugged.  this morning i woke up at 7, braided up a trusty side fishtail, put on my helmet and headed out into the early morning sunshine on my bike.  if you must get around by bike, richmond is a pretty great place to do it in.  i was riding to my physio appointment.  my dr.sent me to a clinic out by the movies.  linda.  she specializes in vertigo.  it was a lovely half hour ride through trails and back roads.  cycling in the summer is so nice.  and exploring by bike is wonderful.

why do my arms have to sweat so much?  waiting in the office i occupied my self with wringing out my arms until it was my turn to meet with linda.  linda had me do a bunch of things like stand on one foot and look at her nose while she moved my head and follow the movements of her pen etc.  i have positional vertigo.  i figured that out already.  it's the crystals floating in my tubes when they shouldn't.  she discovered that it was my horizontal plane which is effected.  usually it's the anterior or something like that.  i'm special.  linda as much as said so.  she had to do some things that brought on the vert and i had to keep my eyes open so she could watch.  i'd like to know what that looks like because it feels like my eyes are flying back and forth and all around.  then she did the epley thingy to try and get the crystals back in their corner.  for the rest of the day i'm not allowed to lay down, tilt my head up or down, or bend over.  ie. stay out of the horizontal plane.  plain?  plane.  and for 5 days i can't sleep on my bad side. RIGHT SIDE. and probably not the left because i have it a little on that side too, and i should sleep propped up.  maybe i'll just try sleeping on the lazyboy.  i go back next week.

i rode back home and found something special.  something very special.  a laptop!!  a gift from someone who prefers to remain anonymous.  it's beautiful.  more than i could hope for.  i can't wait to get started on some pics!

tonight i go to the movies for work.  it's a pretty good day.

Comments

Andrea said…
That is so awesome! I wish I had been the anonymous person!
Beth-a-knee said…
wow! someone gave you a laptop??! that's really awesome. (And not just because it means I'll get to see my pics sooner) Er....hope the eply thingamabob works!
amyleigh said…
um - what?! someone gave you a laptop?? that's amazing! yay!

I love how you describe your walks and the enjoyment of your senses. I do that too! We are sisters. Yep.

Hey, btw, that magnet thing i mentioned before worked for people because it draws the loose crystals or whatever. But I hope this epley thing works too!