angry dream (post 1400) +more

this is a post i tried to post from my phone on saturday but after attempting 100 times and failing 100 times i gave up.  now i'm at work.  i have a pink popsicle.  it's 4pm and i'm having computer time.  part of this time will include typing from my phone the post 'angry dream'.  let's begin.

i had a dream that it was thanksgiving and some of the brothers dressed in costume like olden day people.  i was trying to take a pic of them but they weren't co-opperating.  they just lay on the couches like slobs and joked with each other anddidn't pay any attention to my instructions.  tried to call other people into the shot who i didn't want, like their wives, wouldn't group together, etc.   i got really mad at them and yelled at them.  they seemed to look at me blankly not caring or not comprehending.

then i went to the table for thanksgiving dinner and found that the men had already eaten and had gone off leaving cold remnants partially packed up for the women.  i totally lost it.  i broke out into furious crying.  mom tried to explain to me why it had to be like that and through my angry tears i passionately listed why it wasn't right, all the while gathering bits of left over food to my plate with no solace and sitting down at the mostly empty table to eat it cold and unappealing. 

i don't know if i've ever been so angry in a dream.  it was kind of a grieving rage.

i'm posting this from my phone (i thought i was).  i still have no computer and no car.  i have been riding my bike to work all week which is actually, besides the sore bum, kind of fun.  i have read two books and last night i watched 2 movies on my actual tv.  blind side gave me some good cries.  master and commander, i love for the violin/cello duets, how beautiful the dr. is to me at times, and the boy, who loses his arm--i love him, and just that whole world on the sea.  the sea is a mighty, terrible and beautiful thing.

i leave you with a lovely pic of my burn. i do like to give you pics you can print and fram and keep forever as a family treasure.  enjoy.

 this is the end of the phone post.
 
and this is the beginning of today's additionals.
please note the various cat hairs matted onto the wound.  it has been my keen displeasure to discover that my burn is located at the exact spot my cats like to jump and rub against my legs.  i try to walk defensively but it isn't always possible.  also this wound is juicy.  sometimes the juices run down my leg and dry there in waxy droplets of a semi clear orange tinged substance.  don't judge if you see leg stubbles, it's hard to shave close to a wound!

this fantastic pic of my forearm and my skirt was taken yesterday at church.  i was sitting in my pew minding my own worship and i suddenly heard a muffled wolf whistle--my text notification (thanks fahhtttie).  i hadn't turned my phone off!  so i grab it to turn off the sound and inexplicably it was on camera, so when i hit what i thought was the volume button, i see a flash and hear my phone joyfully chime "click!" (like it actually says the word 'click').  i am sharing the pic to share my shame.  at least i didn't get a call during a grandchild's ordinance or during president eyring's talk when i'm in the choir.  at least THAT didn't happen.
 
yesterday i was quite pleased with my outfit and my hair.  when two things come together like that, it is a cause for rejoicing. 
 
yesterday evening was stake sister's choir practice and i got a ride with evelyn and her newly returned missionary daughter, crystal.  as we were driving i inadvertantly put my hand in a slick of ooze from my burn, but i digress.  we are singing a really nice 3 part version of lift upyourheartliftupyoursoulrejoiceagainisayrejoice.  the 2nd sopranos have a really pretty part and even the altos have some good parts too.  but the best part of the night was when we kicked the men's choir out of the chapel and had sister betty mcfee (sarah!) on the organ and robin burgess on the piano to practice more holiness give me.  as soon as they both started playing together, something overcame me and i could barely sing for the tears i wanted to shed.  i even could cry now thinking of it.  there was just something special and holy about it that i can't explain but which was very real.  the whole arrangement is very pure and special.  singing it together with those women was the best part of my day.  i feel really lucky to be able to be a part of things like this.
 
have i said that i'm going on trek as a photographer?? i am!  i need a pioneer outfit.  i'm excited about this.  i was thinking i'd have a pioneer bun hair do, but actually i think i'll do braids.  maybe i'll tie them with ribbons like laura ingalls wilder!
 
brother teng, mei lin's husband is a mechanic.  he can get me ball bearings for 70.00 each and fix that part, so i can at least drive around while figuring out what to do next.  you know, no matter what goes wrong, it's ok.  i feel like i will be ok and that the Lord will send me some kind of blessing.  sometimes i feel like i am given exactly what i need when i get into these kinds of troubles.  that the trouble is maybe what i need, and so i am trying to be patient and faithful.
 
i watched four feathers saturday night.  i really love that movie.  i love all that redemption themed stuff. 
 
ok i'm going to drag my bones home.  i'm so tired.  i was up at 5am today to do one of my employment sites.  i should have been off at 1:20 but i am doing that tomorrow instead because otherwise everyone would have been gone from my unit and i wanted computer time anyways.
 
anyways...
 
 


Comments

amyleigh said…
first of all, I would like to thank you for the lovely picture of your burn - that was thoughtful of you to share. I do admit that I rebelled against studying minutely for the matted cat hair, though.

your choir experiences sound lovely! i miss singing in a choir.

what's this about a photography trek?! I want to know more about what that entails, it sounds really exciting!

Sarah-Lynn said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah-Lynn said…
Yeah I miss singing in a choir too, and there's something I love about singing with just women that's special. Also, I love the liftupyourheart one.

So, that's incredibly disgusting about your boin. It drips down your leg? In waxy orange substance? EWW! You find a certain satisfaction in sharing this info with others don't you?

Hilar about your phone going off in church and then you loudly taking a picture with it. Did Dad answer his phone during pres Eyring's talk?? And a choir performance??

Please don't tell me that this means you aren't planning on posting any more about our trip. you MUST.

Your dream was also so funny. Sounds like something the doobs would do though.