may i speak to the reverend father?

it all started with scrabble.  doesn't it always?  i just so happen to scrabble (yes it is a verb. i made it so.) with a man who says he is a colonel in the pakastani army.  he told me he was married with 2 kids and one on the way.  but then he was asking me if i had a boyfriend--kind of the internet pick up questions, which i happen to know about because we all know i've met some whacks on the world wide web.  anyways i thought this was weirwd.  so naturally i brought it to the scrabble community, aka my other scrabble buddy, a young doctor from india.  well first i learned that indians and pakistanis are enemies.  my scrabble pal pointed out that it was quite possible for this man to have more than one wife.  so i brought it up.  "oh, " i said smiley face, "i thought you were looking for a 2nd wife! haha"  i felt quite bold.  well thus began the discussion of polygamy in islam.  i was thinking about it and the lives of women who live in this kind of society and i began to think of the hijab and how to wear it.  so i naturally youtubed it.  i found this girl giving hijab tutorials.  she's half egyption and half english and quite hilarious.  after that i felt a burning desire to create a hijab masterpiece of my own.  this is the result.



part of me feels like this:
but another part of me feels like the priest in fiddler on the roof.


i'm still wearing it.  i kind of like it.  fartima says i should wear it to church.

yesterday i did my first day of respite care work.  my guy and i went ice skating.  well i put on his skates (hard), took his pic and watched him skate.  he's an excellent skater.  there was another guy on the ice practicing his figure skating moves.  he was in the middle practicing components of some complicated move.  i saw this little girl watching him, and trying to copy his moves.  kids are sponges. curly hair is also likened to a sponge. just sayin.  don't put detergent in my head of sponge!

in other news my dishes are out of control again.  yuck.  i think i counted 13 dirty bowls and guess what? I STILL HAVE LOTS OF CLEAN ONES TO USE.  this helps nobody.




Comments

amyleigh said…
see, I have only one bowl, so that problem never happens to me - i used to have more, but slowly...one by one...they have all shattered. you must have a veritable plethora of bowls!

nice hijab!! LOL on the fiddler on the roof priest!!
Beth-a-knee said…
haha! how dare you with the priest.
Sarah-Lynn said…
Lol! Hilarity on the hijab!! Thanks for documenting. And congrats to you for having so many bowls. Also, did that guy ever answer you back?
amyleigh said…
also - it appears as though you took a photo of said priest from a tv screen. is this true?!