It’s a crime to be so fine at 39!

My birthday started out with me missing my alarm and sleeping in half an hour later than I meant to.  Then I ran around like a person unhinged, frenzied and full of nervous energy.  Basically I flibberty-gibbetted about until dad arrived to pick us up.  Dad was rightfully indignant because I called him to make sure he would be on time and he drove like a mad man to get to my house and then found a mad woman inside.  I couldn’t find my new sunnies.  I forgot my just purchased sunscreen.  I hyperventilated.

I thought I left my sunnies at work so we stopped there to check.  They weren’t there.  “maybe they were in my purse all along.” I say in an unnaturally bright and chipper manner, a feverish gleam in my eye.  Dad looked at me. “laura, remind me never to travel with you.”  At which I could only laugh too heartily at.  “I’m not usually this bad!” I say to no one.  Dad’s saying how crazy mom gets.  Well I come by it honestly then, don’t I folks.

Dad gave me 20 american buckeroos for my birthday.  Thanks pops!  He dropped us off and kissed us goodbye and we fairly bounded into the terminal ready for adventure.  I had told sarah and kyle, a self proclaimed “fun couple” that it was their job to find me moon over my hammy for breaky.  So we naturally had to call out to each place we passed “moon over my hammy??”  finally I settled for a breakfast bagel (egg, cheese and ham) and sarah and kyle both got butter chicken wraps.

Me and kyle were seated together with sarah in front.  I traded with sarah and found myself in between a businessman going over some papers and little Indo Canadian woman returning to Toronto after a month away in Australia.  Me and the lady chatted a bit before we took off, but besides a short head lolling nap, I read my sophie kinsella book most of the way to Toronto.

We had a 4 hour lay over in teranna, so we spent a lot of it eating at the molson pub.  I got a not very good montreal smoked meat sandwich.  Kyle got a blue cheese bacon burger and sarah got fish and chips, except the chips were yammers.  After that we found our gate and settled in for some harry potter uno.  Kyle won each and every time which bugged sarah and i.

On the flight to Miami we were all together.  I got the window seat which pleased me very much….i really have to sleep now.  Suffice it to say we made it to Miami ami ami ami ami!  

Comments

Beth-a-knee said…
yay!! have a fun trip! you're prob'ly going to be too busy to write a post again but I'll expect a big one when you get back!

(good for you for the celebratory 'moons over my hammy' sandwich)
amyleigh said…
sooo exciting!!! I have the trip jitters from reading this. I am so excited for you guys! I hope you find time to post moreeee!!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!