i set my alarm for 6:30 am. it was a crazy thing to do on my only sleep in day.  i wanted to get to boundry bay regional park by 7:38am which is when the sun rises.  not that you could tell, because the fog was so thick. i drove with my phone tucked into my scarf, listening to mosaiah chapter 3.  i was the first one to the park and it was a little creepy being there in the murky fog soup alone.  i got over it by walking down to the beach and taking some shots.  the benefit of being alone was that there was no one to ask me if i was ok as i lay flat on the beach taking these shots.

behold the post card effect.
after a while i heard, a dog bark and saw a personage dimly through the soup and i knew i wasn't alone any longer.  i took to the paths.  there were  a lot of eagles around the park this morning.  that lump on the misty tree is the first one.
dirty duckies fly.

i did this to it.
afar off i could start to make out my favourite tree.  i thought it looked like a cloud.

as i neared the raptor trail and my special mood lighting tree, i saw that it too had a friend.

i think i may have offended him.



i began to see joggers and people walking their dogs.  i was walking innocently along when what i thought was a fence post turned it's head and looked at me as if to say, hey i'm not a fence post! i was earnestly gazing upon said creature when some ladies with dogs disrupted the creature and it flew off.  when it flew away i saw that it was not an eagle.  i've since researched it a little bit and i believe it is a northern harrier, but i may be wrong.  it's unusual but it does happen.
 well then i walked and wandered a lot and went wily nily down many paths.  i was on the beach path when i witnessed this:

below is my favourite shot of the day.  after the intruder landed he kicked the other one to the curb.  it landed on a slightly lower branch and then they seamed to scream at each other for a bit before settling down and doing nothing although i patiently waited for them to do something more.


i found focusing on the rim of this shell pleasing.

shortly after this my battery had the nerve, the outright gall to die.

i got home around 10:30 and climbed into my comfy bed and began to edit.  later in the afternoon i grocery shopped and bought the cat supplies.  i did laundry. i watched many episodes of rookie blue because i like to watch it every once in a while.

my chest aint right and i have a head ache.  sigh.

Comments

amyleigh said…
beautiful, gorgeous pictures. Love the eagle ka-fuffle one, the dirty ducks, and the gleaming shell amongst the pebbles.
Beth-a-knee said…
I love the last pic. it resonates with me. I, like 'fub, also liked the dirty duck and eagle kafuffle.
Sarah-Lynn said…
I think it would be fun to get up and join you on your early morning beaut fest sometime. I love the pebble shot in the beginning, and many others, of course.
Anonymous said…
Looks like a perfect walk in the foggy park. Wish I was there. H