posty post

g'marhnin.  i slept 9 hours last night.  i never do that.  i'm a bear.  teruyuki used to always say so and the sweens said it would happen.  i got up this mahrnin and had cottage cheese and peaches for breakfast, brushed my teeth, pinned back a lock of hair, brushed on some mascara and walked around the corner to the hutchinson's.  oh and i did get dressed too, that's important.  the hutchinsons consist of the dad, norm, who is the exec secretary and often greets at the chapel doors.  he's been a friendly face since i moved into the ward.  he and his son sam were amongst the men that helped me move.  sam is not long off his mission to chile and newly married to sam (sam and sam) who used to live in abbotsford and knows josh and douglas.  anywho, i was put with them for the bc thanksgiving food drive.  on monday we handed out our flyers and this morning we drove around in brother hutchinson's very spacious truck and grabbed bags from our route.  at first, true to my clarkeness,  i made it a competition, but my side was getting way more so then i stopped keeping track.  :)  we brought it all back to the church where there was a group weighing and sorting in boxes.  our team brought in 238 lbs, i think.
 
last night i was full of ideas of what to do and how to spend money.  in the end i stayed home and watched two movies and made mushroom rice burgers.  yum!  they are even better than i remember.  the thing is i went grocery shopping on thursday.  i hadn't shopped a real shop since may and all i had was condiments in the fridge.  most of the summer i survived on things like watermelon, hummus and rice and pancakes.  well this may have been the biggest shop i've done for myself--ever.  to justify the money i spent i cannot waste this food.  so many times i let things go to waste and this time my goal is to use what i bought.  sounds easy but it's going to be hard.  so the left over burgers are in the freezer and today i make something new.  this means i am going to have to do the dishes more often.  arg matey! i counted 12 different menu items each one will last for more than one meal.  i've got a lot of cooking and eating to do.

what movies? i watched penelope and the kids are all fine with robert deniro.  i cried so hard in the last one.  gash, i was not expecting that.

i think i'm ready to put up my photos and art.  6 months is all it took.

last night i spent a lot of time going through a lot of my old photos.  it was a walk down memory lane. it seems like long ago and also not very long ago at the same time.  i'm going to just randomly post some:
i still love this image. it was taken one ecstatic day that bethany visited me, right after picking her up from the ferry, we stopped on the side of the road in tsawwassen and took clicks.  i think these are all during the pic of the day phase.
 i've always loved how hard sarah and i are smiling in this pic. it says to me "joy of sisters"
 this reminds me of my many night time ramblings in my neighbourhood to get my pic of the day
two things: i like my thighs in this pic and i remember how sheepish and amusing i found this pic because someone almost caught me taking my own photo in the mirror in the lobby of my apartment building.
 i'll never forget the larvae in the peas!  i love the steam and the bubbles too.
 look how young they were!  look at my wingbacked chair and dog pillow!
 a timed photo of me reading.  i think i was reading lovely bones.  are you this cute when YOU read? find out!
 this photo makes me miss those days and miss that girl.  at the time it bugged me that my face wasn't in focus, that my slouching accentuated the fact that my boozahm barely sticks out further than my stomach, if it even does, but now i just think she was pretty and vivacious.  why is it so much easier to see such things the more time has passed?
 blurry--but my wee ones!  a streak of izzy and a little archie!  i need to squish him.
 the exact moment "are you saying words?" was born as i was talking to sarah and waiting near the ferry to pic someone up.
 one of my faves from the time on the bridge before i was apprehended by the POH' POH'
 mom resisted this photo.  i look at this photo and think, my mom is so pretty.  people still tell me after meeting mom that she is really pretty.  it's weiwd that growing up i didn't realize this or even think about it.
 a cherry blossom photo that i have come to appreciate more over time.  
 my first wacky skit of what not to do at a job interview at work.
all photos were taken with my little hp camera that the fat one gave me for christmas one year--the year i said "you make my dreams come true" to her.

Comments

your pictures bring me down memory lane too. your pic of the day ones remind me of what i was doing during those times as i read your blogs. neat.
i love that pic of me too! and you DO look so pretty and vivacious! in a few years you will be saying the same thing about pictures of yourself from now. init the truth.
katie said…
yeah you still are pretty and vivacious!